Dissertation Help needed

anisa

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site, so i'm not sure how it works, but I'm a third year film technology student starting my dissertation. I'm finding it difficult to find a topic that is 'new' but also has a scientific side to it. I've been looking at possibly doing something to do with motion graphics, but I'm not sure what! Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank youuu :icon_smile:

Ideally you want to make a study on something you are really interested in and are already knowledgeable about, as it just makes it easier to write a dissertation if you already have passion about what you are writing about. If you were to go down the motion graphics route, you could study the past, present and future and motion graphics. From flip books to Super HD imax touch 'feel like your there' 3D (if you get my drift). Would also be interesting to discuss the use of, and increasing popularity, Adobe Aftereffects and what was used before, as it was quite a new software when I first studied it in Uni. Could also discuss its longevity and state your opinions on what will become after due to its limitations and future demands of motion graphics.

Ideally you want to make a study on something you are really interested in and are already knowledgeable about, as it just makes it easier to write a dissertation if you already have passion about what you are writing about. If you were to go down the motion graphics route, you could study the past, present and future and motion graphics. From flip books to Super HD imax touch 'feel like your there' 3D (if you get my drift). Would also be interesting to discuss the use of, and increasing popularity, Adobe Aftereffects and what was used before, as it was quite a new software when I first studied it in Uni. Could also discuss its longevity and state your opinions on what will become after due to its limitations and future demands of motion graphics.

Thankyou for that :)

There needs to be some sort of criticism or debate I could talk about. Which is what is getting me frustrated!!

Thankyou for that :)

There needs to be some sort of criticism or debate I could talk about. Which is what is getting me frustrated!!

The impact motion graphics has on film?
Adobe Aftereffects and “Authenticity.”
To what extent has the computer software Adobe Aftereffects modified Film? Adobe Aftereffects and its origin; its impact on people in industry and the private sector.
For what reason was this software created, is it a modern tool in its origin or is it simply an improvement on past equipment, digitalised for the same purpose?

Back