Displaying portfolio on website

doyle369

I have got a piece of work to add to my portfolio

It isnt an actual website that ive made.. Its just a homepage I had designed in Photoshop.. but having this is better than nothing which I have at the moment..

How do you suggest I add the piece of work to my portfolio?

Thanks

Will

My website >> Will Doyle | Freelance Web Design Devon

Hrrm are you asking for instructions on how to upload the image and or trying to get advice on how to present it? either way, i would have thought you would have some prior knowledge / thought process on this as your sig states your doing freelance web desing work... or am i missing something here :)

Geoff.

Simple, remove the three columns on the portfolio page and display a thumbnail gallery in their place.

Sunburn said:
Hrrm are you asking for instructions on how to upload the image and or trying to get advice on how to present it? either way, i would have thought you would have some prior knowledge / thought process on this as your sig states your doing freelance web desing work... or am i missing something here :)

Geoff.

Ouch!! Miaoww!!!
Be nice it's still Christmas, and I still can't programme the TV remote to do anything. When will Apple do the iRemote?. Anyway.... freelance web desing work????

Sorry Berry,

I wasn't trying to be a d*&k with that post, I can appreciate It may have read that way, so If i caused offense it wasn't intentional sorry,.

I was just hoping for clarification from the op as to what he was asking from the community. If the op is requiring technical knowledge then i think its odd that all considering the signature and resulting website. If its just advise, on how best present a portfolio peice again i think its a strange request but ill offer advice...

check out ....
CSS Mania
Smashing Magazine

for examples and inspiration of content presentation.

put it in a browser so it looks as if it functions

or go one step further and check out berry/ac's portfolio and drop the in-browser shot onto a funky laptop image. Make sure it reamins big enough to get a good idea of the finish.

Sunburn said:
Sorry Berry, I wasn't trying to be a d*&k with that post, I can appreciate It may have read that way, so If i caused offense it wasn't intentional sorry,.

No problem, I'm the forum bitch and d*&k but ~ I'm trying to be Mr Nice, well until mid january at least.

Until Jan 5th eh Berry? :p:D

re OP: why dont you use 2 columns worth of space for your image (however you chose to display it) and use the the 3rd, far right column for the header and a bit of information about the piece?

Well it depends, you offer logo design, web design, graphic design, photography and branding services.

You can not have a 1 page potofilio page that covers all of those topics in one.

Why?
Because if I want you to do just a logo design but all your logo design's are mixed in with every thing else then I cant get a true idea of what other logos you have got.

What you need to do is split each segmant up on the portfolio page.
So I click on you portfolio link, I then get clear navigation to view just your logo designs on a seperate page, or just your web design on another.

If you are asking how to make the page actually look.
Remove the services, web design and logo from the protfolio page and include the content in the second opacity layer, this will help to keep the overal look of your site the same.

Jobs a good'un.

Jaz

Back