DIGITAL SLRS-NIKON D70S guide info help??

Mr J

I have just come back from a workshop in; DIGITAL SLRS-NIKON D70S
It was so exciting and great fun! (nod) I have been learning the ins and outs of the camera itself, how to use various equipment, lighting techniques, and shooting models in the studio (the most fun part)….etc

However I felt that it was quite a lot of information to take in at once!
I’m aware that the best way to learn is to play around with the equipment and experiment before I jump straight into any future assignments, but It would be handy to have some sort of guide/tips for beginners.

Would anyone be kind enough to pass over some quick links/guides?

Check out Dpreview.com - they have a dedicated Nikon D70 forum where you'll be able to pick up lotd of tips and tricks from other members.

Alternatively, digital-photography-school.com is another good resource for budding photographers.

outside of the specific digital features such as white balance and sd card versus film etc the general basis to using the d70 would be the same as using a film based slr so you can use the same principles from any site that teaches about photography (ie composition, aperture, shutter speed, iso ratings that sort of thing).

wow a Nikon D70 workshop seems pretty specific, you'll find the manual and plenty of user guides through Google but aside from knowing which buttons are where, the bones behind photography are fairly generic, it might be worth checking out a Langford book depending on your previous experience.

well unfortunately I'm loaning the camera and equipment out each time from my University Photography Department, so they don't have manuals.
I'v just checked out digital-photography-school.com[and Dpreview.com and i think thats just what i need. Thankyou for your links Designmatic.
Levi- I didn't know that, thats easier then if the basics are all kind of the same.
I'll crack on with it now. Soon i'll be a pro ha x

Back