Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Barn 3 / DF meet-up??

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by SeedySteve, Apr 19, 2013.

1. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

I've just got tickets for this conference in sunny Barnsley?
    They're only £20 at the minute, which is nowt really.
    Thought it might be a good chance for a Design Forums beer or two??
    http://makedo.in/thedigitalbarn/#nav-home

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm not sure if the softy Southeners would make it up "North"...but, I think sorting out some sort of DF meetup is a good idea!

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Barnsley isn't really that tough for us soft southeners... My Nan is from Barnsley so I've got relatives there and I went to huddersfield uni. It's the travel time that would be more of an issue for most of us, it's a good 3 hours trip time for me in each direction.

4. £20 for the ticket..... what about travel expenses and a place to sleep? Food, drink.. £20 indeed! If you think I'm buying alcohol for you northerners on top of that...! I'll be in debt by the end of the night and you lot won't even be tipsy!!

5. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

I meant £20 for 2 days of the conference is relatively cheap - it's £200 for the Industry Conf. in Newcastle.
    Where would be a better place to meet, midlands you think?

6. Haha, no you're definitely right, it is cheap in comparison to most others around. Probably best to work out who wants to go and then pick a location based on how easy it is for the majority to get to. I don't imagine there will be more than 10 that want to go, so that should be alright. We could always do individual ones for South/Mid/North if travel is too much of an issue.

7. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Good plan.
    Well, I'll be heading to Barnsley regardless, if anyone fancies a dodge - Levi your Nan is welcome too :)

8. Haha, I'd love to meet Levi's nan. Are you two similar, Levi?

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Suppose theres got to be some similarities, she is my nan after all lol

10. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Southeners whinging about bloody travel for a change ;)

In all sincerity, we should sort out some proper sort of meeting? Might need more than the 4 of us like?

11. Janifar

Janifar Member

I think ticket price £20 is cheaper, but travel expense is too much.

12. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I'd be up for one.

13. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Where is everyone from?I'm in Sunderland... yay.

14. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Haha Steve, I think mostly everyone is from the North. So it must make sense to have it up here ;) Even if there are just a couple of us meet up for a few pints?

15. I'm from Worthing, it's next to Brighton :)