Diana

J0GA

My new piece of work, what do you think? :)

Diana by ~ColourBE on deviantART

Diana_by_ColourBE.jpg

there are good things and bad things.

Good things, hair looks great, tonal balance on the photo is really nice, eyes look rather tasty too, the colour on the jumper looks nice.

Bad thing, well the thing that is bothering me, you seem to have found out how to do something, and do it everywhere! I would rather see this again, but with the effects on the bits I've mentioned only and then the rest of the image as it was.

Sometimes a good thing is best used sparingly. Think it like cooking a good steak, always best a little undercooked, as you can always put it back on the grill.

I think I am going to go with food analogies this week...

mrp2049 said:
Think it like cooking a good steak, always best a little undercooked, as you can always put it back on the grill.

:lol:

I think it's hard to criticize as it's more a like a piece of art than design. It doesn't really have any function, so it's more of a personal and subjective thing.

Looks nice though. I'd personally tone down the effects. Lighting is nice on the hair as Mike also mentioned, but a bit too much with the lines around the hands and face maybe? Perhaps add some typography or other graphical elements? Try to tell a story with it somehow. Who is Diana and why is she drinking tea? :)

Thanks guys. Eeuhm Diana is a friend of me (who lives in Latvia) And I liked the picture so .. :p no story to tell ... :p

Agree with mrp2049
Id like to see this original photo with maybe just the hair or maybe even the ring (just focusing on one point) rather than all of it!

It takes away the specialness of the effect.

I think it looks quite 'dungeons and dragons' - like she's just about to cast an electric bang +5. I agree with HippySunshine; you should try a version where the effect is localised to give focus to the image. The filter looks a little bit like it's right out of the box rather than being used in a controlled way. The overall effect is nice.

It might be good to try making it really crazy with her as a full figure in there as well; montage it up a bit...

Thanks for the comments! I'll try to do the same effect on an other picture and try to applie it like you guys say so. :)

Back