• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DF Commandments?

Surely a big 'string to the bow' is no virus issues for the Mac, not one, I don't even know where the firewall settings are on mine, hey, it might not even have any!

tim

arguments are good.

just a heads up though, i'll respect your "i love PC"ness thingy if you just say "personal preference", not argue that mac is crap. because i'm 400% sure, that macs can do as much as PCs can and more.

Levi

Staff member
Tim, I can use both os's so to me its more a case of which is better for the individual and I have the arguement loads :)

A person who uses os-x constantly and hardly uses windows will struggle at first when switching over, installing software etc for example.
The same can be said for windows to os-x. A friend of mine tried to install software onto a mac and was completely stumped by the drag to install approach of os-x as he had only used windows.
Most people can run a program straight away, the similarities are close enough, its when you go slightly deeper that the differences appear and it can take a little while to accustom yourself to the way the os works.
I'll even admit I keep trying to press ctrl+A (etc) instead of apple key + A (etc) on a mac as I use windows more often.

tim

A person who uses os-x constantly and hardly uses windows will struggle at first when switching over, installing software etc for example.
The same can be said for windows to os-x. A friend of mine tried to install software onto a mac and was completely stumped by the drag to install approach of os-x as he had only used windows.
6 years of using a PC, 8 months of using a mac. was piss easy to get to know OS X, it was almost immediate the switch over.

i now use my PC every fortnight or so for IE, but soon i'll be selling that and using VMware fusion for my Mac for XP (not fkin vista!).

C

chrismitchell

there you go Mike... I thought about posting something similar, but decided against it :p LOL

C

chrismitchell

I wonder if there should be another area of the forums for the mac / pc debate and leave it in one giant thread :eek: