Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DF Commandments?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Do we have rules?

Can I offer one?

Thou shalt not argue mac vs PC.

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

We not arguing, we're discussing the merits for and against :p

3. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

Surely a big 'string to the bow' is no virus issues for the Mac, not one, I don't even know where the firewall settings are on mine, hey, it might not even have any!

4. Levi

Ross, lets atleast keep one thread arguement free :p

5. tim

tim Senior Member

arguments are good.

just a heads up though, i'll respect your "i love PC"ness thingy if you just say "personal preference", not argue that mac is crap. because i'm 400% sure, that macs can do as much as PCs can and more.

6. tim

tim Senior Member

and i'd like to believe we're having more of a "heated discussion" than an argument.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Guessing the first motion wasn't passed then?! :D

8. Levi

Tim, I can use both os's so to me its more a case of which is better for the individual and I have the arguement loads :)

A person who uses os-x constantly and hardly uses windows will struggle at first when switching over, installing software etc for example.
    The same can be said for windows to os-x. A friend of mine tried to install software onto a mac and was completely stumped by the drag to install approach of os-x as he had only used windows.
    Most people can run a program straight away, the similarities are close enough, its when you go slightly deeper that the differences appear and it can take a little while to accustom yourself to the way the os works.
    I'll even admit I keep trying to press ctrl+A (etc) instead of apple key + A (etc) on a mac as I use windows more often.

9. tim

tim Senior Member

6 years of using a PC, 8 months of using a mac. was piss easy to get to know OS X, it was almost immediate the switch over.

i now use my PC every fortnight or so for IE, but soon i'll be selling that and using VMware fusion for my Mac for XP (not fkin vista!).

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I tried...and look what happened, they went and turned into a debate....

11. there you go Mike... I thought about posting something similar, but decided against it :p LOL

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

13. I wonder if there should be another area of the forums for the mac / pc debate and leave it in one giant thread :eek:

14. tim

tim Senior Member

i wanna win dammit! :p

15. Tim there are no winners in life.. apart from Michael Winner :eek:

16. tim

tim Senior Member

lol :p

17. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

rules are no good because people make them so the first commandment is
    fck the rules!
    :clap::up::p:)