DeviantArt? Your thoughts

Hot Parsnip

Hi there, I've not logged into DeviantArt for yonks and just decided if any of you lot have any work you'd like to share.

I've got some old nuggets in the gallery, just pencil drawings and doodles mostly of Morrissey and Mark E Smith.

rosie-etc's deviantART gallery

I love your Smiths stuff! I'm on dA and I know a few other people on here are too.

bigoldtoe on deviantART

It's mainly my older (rubbish, un-kerned) stuff on there and I don't really update it any more. I find it to be quite a good place to find inspiration if you can bare to sift through the pages and pages of myspace-style pictures.

I love your Smiths stuff! I'm on dA and I know a few other people on here are too.

bigoldtoe on deviantART

It's mainly my older (rubbish, un-kerned) stuff on there and I don't really update it any more. I find it to be quite a good place to find inspiration if you can bare to sift through the pages and pages of myspace-style pictures.

I agree, after you've trudged through 78 pages of glittery vector mask eyes and gif cats you do find the odd golden nugget of design or illustration.

I should update it really and put some newer stuff on!

Thanks about my Smiths stuff!

Hi Rosie,

Great to see the mighty Smiths & Morrissey featured on DeviantArt...been a massive fan of the group ...keep scratching away with the fountain pen :)

cheers

Scott

I've got the Coronation Street omnibus on in the background and they're got 'How Soon is Now' playing in one of the scenes :)

It's weird how many soaps always manage to sneak a Smiths or Morrissey track in...as long no-one ever dares to sing one of the songs on XFactor :(

It's weird how many soaps always manage to sneak a Smiths or Morrissey track in...as long no-one ever dares to sing one of the songs on XFactor :(

But would you really want some dribbling moron singing Speedway? For turtle faced Louis Walsh saying "you've nailed it!"

Or Cheryl saying, 'well done pet, you've made 'Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me' your own. That had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up...if we released that tomorrow, you'd go straight to number 1'

Or Cheryl saying, 'well done pet, you've made 'Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me' your own. That had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up...if we released that tomorrow, you'd go straight to number 1'

The sad thing is that if that were to happen now, it would get more recognition than what it did back then. Simon Cowell would just be indifferent and be idolising his own reflection in Cheryl Cole's shiny forehead.

I agree...same thing happened when Mark Ronson released his monstrosity - I bet most people thought that he wrote 'Stop Me...'

Paul, I really like your 'Snake' poster. Brill....

I think I have lost some of my patience with DA.... Unless you have a billion people watching you, there's very little feedback. But there are some great artists on there if you have the time to sift through it.

My gallery.

Not particularly up-to-date...

Last edited:
Thanks, the idea was scribbled down in my sketchbook whilst I sat in a lecture about Picasso. Constructive use of the time right there :)

Back