Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designing invoices for clients - how to implement designs?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by IsaacFennell, Jun 27, 2014.

1. IsaacFennell

IsaacFennell New Member

Hi guys,

I have designed an invoice for a client's new business in InDesign, but I am struggling with implementing the design in anything that the client can use. I have tried word processors but encountered many issues other than it taking far too long to recreate the design. I have also become stuck using Acrobat, using the master page of the design as the backdrop of a PDF form and creating fillable fields - this is the solution I thought would work best, however there is no control over line spacing in Acrobat X which I find unbelievable!!

Anyhow, looking for some advice on this subject of implementing an invoice design as a fillable template.

Many thanks!
  2. retroandy

retroandy New Member

I would be interested in this too. Surely there has to be some way of doing it without the client having access to inDesign etc
  3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I don't feel that invoices require a high level of design and I certainly wouldn't compromise utility for look and feel. A simple header and footer in an MS Office template really ought to suffice.
  4. Edge

Edge Active Member

My take on it is that by the time we get to invoice someone they are already a client so I'd rather throw in all the creativity to the marketing collateral that precedes a relationship. Our invoices don't look awful but they won't win any art competitions - they are generated by FreeAgent with some minimal customisation allowed. I'd go with Dave L on this one.