• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Designing a logo

Hi everyone

This is for personal use.

I want to design a logo that I would use for websites, business cards, letterheads, flyers and a lot more things like that. How would I create it so that I can use it for all these things? I have all Photoshop and can knock up something decent in it - but obviously when you enlarge/decrease image dimensions the quality sometimes goes

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Ryan

Hi B&H,
As Mr H said, you always want to be designing a logo using vectors and never with bitmaps. If you have something in a bitmap format it can be traced and converted to a vector in a relatively short amount of time (i.e. it's not an expensive job). For compatibility you don't want to be messing around with Corel Draw either. Stick to Adobe Illustrator! Good luck.

You could try out Inkscape. Draw Freely., its a free vector program. I've never tried it myself but the benefits of creating a vector logo rather than in bitmap one is huge, I've done some large format work and trying to use a pixel logo on a huge banner can create problems.

As already mentioned - illustrator is the way forward here!

If you don't have the software I would look into getting it drawn up properly in Illustrator for sure.