Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designers who love bicycles

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by shaunyme, Dec 9, 2010.

1. shaunyme

shaunyme New Member

My name is Siobhan, I'm a third year graphic design student at Chester University, Engalnd. For a personal final year project I am focusing on designers who love all things cycle-able and was wondering if anybody else has a love for bicycles like myself? I will turn my research into a handmade book that showcases this love affair. I am also writing to ask if any of you would be willing to send images of yourselves with your bikes and if possible a quote of why/what you love about bicycles? Any reply's will be greatly appreciated, I am really excited about this project and hope to hear from you soon.

Please visit my site (linked below) to find out more about this project, images and comments:

Shauny(note: this site is a work in progress and was quickly set up for this research).

Siobhan

P.S. Happy Christmas to everybody!

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

3. shaunyme

shaunyme New Member

Hey, no that's great! There's no such thing as the wrong kind of biking, my project is about peoples personal opinions to bikes, which is then going to be different for everybody. Thanks, for getting back so soon :).

4. Hi Siobhan - how can images be submitted?

5. shaunyme

shaunyme New Member

Hi Lee, Sorry the sites only just been put together, I thought there would be an option to add images, but turns out there isnt. If you could email them to Shaunyme@hotmail.com that would be great! check back soon, any images that get sent I'll put them up on the site (unless otherwise stated that is).

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Yeah Harry is allergic to the material they use in saddles. He just plays it off by saying he does trials though :)

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have a phobia of gears!

8. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

MRP2049 - Simple ride a single speed :-D

Siobhan - wish I could contribute but my bikes not going to be ready for some time just striped it all down to convert it into a fixie, I do have a cannondale sl2 which I like to ride in Llandegla if that would be of any interest?

9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I miss my Grifter.

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Real men ride BMX! (Thats not my bike, but the same model, mine has pink accessories!)

I'll go and hide incase Harry is watching.

11. Harry

Harry Senior Member

:mad:

12. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

I used to ride bmx's many moons ago - I used to be the very proud owner of a KHE premium lagger and a GT Vertigo
    [​IMG]

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It's ok, both of us on our favourite bikes dont have gears, surely we can agree on that?

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Thats a nice bike! I used to ride BMX many moons ago, I however never stopped! :D

15. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

Yeah I was, I loved my phil dolan bars (awesome UK flatland rider) and actually got to meet him at the bike show in the NEC when they used to have it there - never knew what happened to this event but guess it just moved down to london :(

this is my new bike just waiting for it to be delivered from the cannondale factory :-D

[​IMG]

16. Harry

Harry Senior Member

This is true :cheers:

17. Thanks Siobhan. What kind of shots are you looking for - studio /action/candid...?

Oh, rigid SS rider here too. I prefer beers to gears.

18. shaunyme

shaunyme New Member

Hey, thanks for all the reply's everybody, this is excellent!

I'm looking for any kind of shots really, honestly I'm feeling the project is now more about the personal side to riding a bike & peoples attitudes towards them :)

Q: Why do you a ride bike? is it for fun, exercise or just to get from A to B?

My answer to this question is because I love personalizing them and restoring old bikes to like new, I also like the burn you get when cycling really fast uphill then being free when free wheeling down it again.

This probably isn't the reason why everybody cycle's and I'm really interested to know the reason behind why other people do.

Here's a pic of me an 1 of my old bikes:
    [​IMG]

19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

All of the above.

20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I keep thinking about BMX cruisers which is a nice stop gap between you and me!