Designers for 3D printing

LeonMMF

Hi Guys,

New to the forum but wanted to share an opportunity with the 3D designers out there. If you are an engineer, product designer, character designer or just a hobbyist then I hope you find this useful. I have a background in Product Design and I am the Designers Xchange Manager at www.myminifactory.com. We are a 3D printing file sharing platform, providing STLs free to download. We are the only curated platform, which means we test print all our designs before they end up online.

Once you upload an item/design and it gets tested and put online, you then become a published member which allows you to apply to our growing list of paid design briefs and projects. The briefs range from busts and figurines of popular film characters to functional designs based on various themes. You can fast track the upload if you choose to do a test brief for us and we upload it under your personal profile - a bit like a 3D printing portfolio.

There is the option to become an expert designer, there is no set criteria, but this is usually decided upon after several successful briefs. It is advantageous if you have access to a printer and a good resolution camera to take photos for us, which we pay extra for.

If you are interested you can email me at [email protected] or contact me here.

I hope this is useful to those looking for small jobs and it is perfect for university students.

Thanks,

Leon

and the financial return for someone that wishes to get involved is.... I can't see anything about how much you pay out.

well that isn't going to get much interest from us in the UK, and I suspect most western countries, those payments are appalling for the amount of work required.

India and the likes will probably lap it up though.

Hi Levi,

Well actually we have a good design community going currently on the Designers Xchange. As I mentioned previously, this sort of thing is perfect for students or hobbyists or someone who just enjoys modelling.

Thanks,

Leon

Back