Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designers cars..

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Chink, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Chink

Chink Junior Member

It might be just me... but ive always been into the modified car scene (as well as design) and know my artistic (and insane) mind has always helped rub off on this!

So just wondered if any other designers out there have the same brush off effect of their design into modifying their vehicle.. or is it just me being a sad old 'boy racer' and everyone uses them purely for getting from A to B lol..

anyhoo heres my latest project my new golf.. and gone for a surf style look on it :) its already been guaranteed features in a couple of car mags as soon as the interior is finished too.

it was bog standard when I bought it about 3 months ago.. and yes the surfboard does have a custom 'shark bite' out of it :D All my own ideas and design.

working as web design for VIBE helps when it comes to getting audio in there lol..
  2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Very nice looking,

never been into it (as I don't drive etc.) how much does the changes set you back for something like that?

An artistic car was shown the other day : quite different but still art & design in vehicles

EDIT: oh and do you have original photos of the car?
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Used to be in the scene when I was younger (had a mod'd mk2 golf - euro style) but now kind of have the view it isn't worth the expense and would rather spend the money on other things. Although I wouldn't mind tuning up a nissan r34 gtr or vw scirocco (new one) if I had the money.

As to your's it not bad, looks cleanly done etc but I think the roof racks should go and the wheels could have been a bit bigger but I also have the view a mod'd car should look how the owner wants it to look as its an expression of their tastes.
  4. my fiance and I are going to save for a new car (2nd hand but new to us) next year.. it'll probably be a Ford Fiesta new shape or something like that :) nice and easy to insure and run :)
  5. Becky

Becky Member

Probably going to be doing the same thing. I love the new Fiestas, so it'll either be one of those or a KA. I drive a KA now and I love it to bits.. even if I have blown the speakers and need to get new ones lol :(
  6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Love that golf :)

Not really modded anything I've owned, spend too much money on bikes/kites to do that! :)
    I did have a Jap Import Autech N15 - Basically a factory tuned almera GTi with lots of extras 180bhp.
    (note this car is 100% standard - from factory so if you dont like it blame the japs)

Got a MK3 Golf VR6 at the mo - currently standard but got a feeling this'll be the one that gets the treatment :D would love a mk4 r32 tho :D

7. charles

charles Senior Member

i'd say that was a euro style golf personally with those round bumpers/deepish rims well minus the chomped surf board neways.

are they monoblock vibes?

i dont rate vibe on looks but they do deliver the deep notes!

I used to have a euro style fiat cinquecento with kit/deep dish cup rimmage, it was sick! took the back seats out for my install. was loud as hell had playstaion/screens etc etc still a cinquecento though lol

i then got a 2ltr focus, then got a z3.

has been a good few yrs since ive had a car now as dont need one anymore
  8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

mmm I love cars, had quite a few, all sorts but mainly German, vw, audi or porsche. Got four classics at the moment and a Lambretta, and an Audi A4 with a subtle lowering job as my daily.

61 cabriolet

'56 Porsche 356

'56 bug

'66 bus

Thy all get used pretty regularly. All modified since I've owned them, and I absoutely see them as works of art just like you with your golf Chink.

9. Chink

Chink Junior Member

Loving the the beetles!! Nice1 guys., and yeh the amps are the new VIBE liteair Bass 1's.

Cheers guys... and keep others pics coming :) Ive got some pics somewhere of the car before I started on it but not online yet.. will dig them out!
  10. darren

darren Member

Well. I don't own a car (not strictly true) and am not a designer so I probably do not qualify for this thread. But then I love her so much I had to post :) ...

Meet my Honda VFR 400 NC 30 (15 years old - 1995) and one of the best handling road bikes ever made, they are pretty much a cult classic and highly collectable;

As for modificaitons, No Chance!. The only thing that is not original on this bike is the indicators and they only take 5 mins to swap over, truely would damage her value if I changed a thing.
  11. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Definitely a work of art! Amazing!
  12. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Wish i had more money to continue modding my car.

I've always been into car modding, but never had the cash to do what I really want to do.

Currently have a 1.8 2004 Vx Astra Coupe, and I love it, wanted a big car this time so this was perfect

Will upload pics later when I get home
  13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Super cool bike Darren, a mate of mine has an NC35 RVF import from Japan and he says the same, despite all the bikes he's owned this will always be his favourite :D
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Late to the thread! But then don't have much to bring to the topic, I drive an old fiesta :(
    Have always wanted a VW Golf, so now very jealous!!
  15. Nowt wrong with an old fiesta Greg I drive one too great little cars :)
  16. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

My last decent car: Honda Civic Sport 1.6 modified

My new baby: VW Golf Cabriolet Clipper 1.8 modified

17. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Ooooooooooh, like the golf cab :cool::cool:
  18. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Cheers mate, it gets some looks like :D