Design website

ebevington

Hello guys,

I am a student, studying graphic design but I am also really into web design.
A couple of weeks ago I set up my own website to get some freelance work coming in.
It's worked very well for me so far and I have got myself a job in a design company.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.
I have tried to keep it looking clean and simple to prevent confusion as I am aiming at small businesses and people who possibly don't know much about the web.

| Bevi Designs

Thanks!

:icon_lol:

I really like it. Smart and clean and should appeal to your target audience. Just one tiny crit is no h1 tag on front page but, other than that, fantastic :icon_biggrin:

I really like it. Smart and clean and should appeal to your target audience. Just one tiny crit is no h1 tag on front page but, other than that, fantastic :icon_biggrin:

Thank you very much :icon_biggrin: I really appreciate it and I am really glad that it works and looks good in someone elses eyes.

I looked at putting a h1 tag in there but i thought it sort of ruined the look of the 3 banners at the top :icon_confused:

I looked at putting a h1 tag in there but i thought it sort of ruined the look of the 3 banners at the top :icon_confused:

Looks fine to me what you put in there. Doesn't detract from the design one jot and Google will love ya for it.

I thought the font size may be a problem as well but if I make the font any bigger it ruins the overall look.

And I have added a h1 to the home page, let me know what you think :icon_notworthy:

Remember, a h1 tag has *nothing* to do with font-size, it's all about semantics, also a lot of your code is quite old (<b> tags and <u> etc).

I'd have a read of some web standards resources, and make a few changes.

:icon_smile:

Thanks for the tip chris i will look into that :)
I also found out today that I am on the first page for my keyword 'web design southport' which is probably thanks to you lot making me put a h1 tag on the home page :icon_biggrin:

And you may of noticed the site has changed a bit..I decided that I really needed a proper, clean logo so the colours and the header have changed a bit. I personally think it looks tons better.

I also found out today that I am on the first page for my keyword 'web design southport' which is probably thanks to you lot making me put a h1 tag on the home page :icon_biggrin:

Easy this 'SEO' lark isn't it? That's why you don't need to pay anyone hundreds of pounds to do it for you :icon_wink:

Hahah.

I don't know, my Dad has been helping me on it and he is an SEO guy but I don't think he's done much..if anything. Need to aim for some more keywords now I guess :]

Back