• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Design Trends

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to look into new designs, pantones and other up coming trends that i should watch out for and what is 'current' I'm new here and was hoping people would help out.

Levi

Staff member
As I've said before design trends are less important, if all you do is follow design trends you become cookie cutter.

What I would advise is to study design styles and then design the best product for your client based on their brief.

scotty

Nothing wrong with incorporating trends but I wouldn't follow them to closely.
Things come and go and it can make you look dated.

Best to follow established design/colour theory in my opinion but don't be afraid to break the rules occasionally. ;)

Thank you, I'll keep that information in mind. Little information I have left out is I'm designing table coasters and Placemats for the new company I'm working for, been a while since i designed much

scotty

Thank you, I'll keep that information in mind. Little information I have left out is I'm designing table coasters and Placemats for the new company I'm working for, been a while since i designed much
Oh, right.

If you're talking about home-wares then they are trend led and it is best to go with the flow.
I'm sure there are sited dedicated to home-wares but I find the best places are sites like Pinterest and design portals like DesignYouTrust and FromUpNorth.