Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Motivation / Progression

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Nativeyouth, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Nativeyouth

Nativeyouth New Member

Does anyone ever do these '365 days of' projects? or something similar?

I did one a few years ago with photography and found such an improvement with my technique and finish but have never really thought about applying it to general design.
    Was thinking of doing a 365 days of illustration project, but was interested if there was any things you guys do thats similar?

Also on a side note, whats the likelihood of getting a sub forum setup for stuff like this?

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I don't do it personally - I work all day and the last thing I want is another project to side track me :)

However, you can go ahead and post in the Graphic Design Forum or in the Illustrator Forum if it suits you.

Don't think there's a need for another sub-forum.

3. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

4. saroyy

saroyy New Member

I've always thought about starting a photography one, but I always feel like i'm going to run out of ideas. Still, it will force me to get out the house and enjoy the summer holidays like a real student should. What kept you persistent?

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to, but lack the motivation, or time thanks to some already dwindling side projects. I find it hard to have time for client projects sometimes!

6. Nativeyouth

Nativeyouth New Member

i found that taking my camera with me everywhere was a great incentive, even in the boot of my car if i had to, just so that when there was a moment i wanted to capture it was available for me to do it. Also the idea of seeing if anything had changed in my style/skills gave me that drive to see it through to the end.

7. LouiseWDesign

LouiseWDesign New Member

I did a 50-day design project - I drew myself in a different style every day for 50 days.
    You can see what I did here: 50 Styles of Me