Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Mags

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by charles, Aug 3, 2009.

1. charles

charles Senior Member

What are you guys reading?

I like creative review for good reads.

Also read someones copy of kilimanjaro, which was cool.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Computer Arts and CA Projects
    And the occasional Photoshop Creative
  3. charles

charles Senior Member

computer arts is good, i use the site a lot for tutorials
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I rarely buy mags on design these days, the internet is such a huge source of information that I seem to find more by going online than looking in mags.

I do sometimes buy the creative mags however as they often have free stuff that might come in useful at some point :)
  5. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

i read computer arts. i think its a really cool mag. quite pricey at £6.00 but hey I dont smoke.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Haha awesome phrase dude :clap:
  7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I buy a different mag everytime I go to WHSmith, Subscribed to Blueprint but its awful, will be going back to ICON when this subscription dies.
  8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I buy web designer, .net and computer arts
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

I buy .Net on occasion, used to buy it every month but considering I very, very rarely use the bits on the disc they include, the £6 price tag makes it pretty expensive for a quick read.
  10. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

I read frame and icon :D lol not that any of you would read it as they are interior design mags :p
  11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

actually I have :p
  12. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Is frame any good? I used to subscribe to ICON but I felt it got a bit dull, having bought a few different mags since im tempted to go back. Found two great aussie/nz mags while I was there... indesign and urbis
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Computer Arts and Projects are always good, although I don't always buy projects.

If I have lots of spare cash in a month I often try to get Grafik as well.
  14. kurtiscaston

kurtiscaston Member

While not strictly a design magazine. Adbusters is a really interesting magazine with tons of inspiration in it, also: it has no ads.
  15. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Frame is great i love it - but it is £14 a copy lol!
  16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Really should read some design mags :) never feel like buying them tho :) any one got any they dont need ;)
  17. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

there's a mountain under my bed, but I do kinda value them in a way, as they are a great source of inspiration! Even some of the ad's in CA are brilliant!
  18. LOL i've not read a design mag in many years.. i used to get Creative Review when I lived in New Zealand :) but thats a long time ago :p
  19. myprintlink

myprintlink New Member

I love magazines, someone said there's a whole host of info on the web and whilst that's very true I find nothing is better than a physical printed copy. You can get a 'feel' of the magazine, especially if special papers have been used for certain pages – texture is an important part of design, something the net would struggle to offer!

I've got stacks of issues of a range of mags, good to keep to refer back to as well.

I subscribe to Creative Review, Print Week and Mac User, plus also sometimes buy Computer Arts and Design Week.
  20. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I buy Razzle as their typography is second to none…