Design Fuel

solopressuk

Hey guys n dolls,
Just to let you know I've started a new website called designfuel.co.uk so if you have any work you're particularly proud of and what it shared let me know and I'll whack it on the site with a link to wherever your design is originally from e.g. Behance etc.
Here's the site: http://www.designfuel.co.uk/

uhhh.... maybe it's me but the site looks broken in firefox....theres the 2 images and then the text is below it in two centred columns of varying widths....

all the sidebars are busted in the footer for me in Chrome..

well its working now but I'll be honest, it looks a little bland compared with say pinterest or something similar. It just feels like it needs 'something' to lift it if you get what I mean

Thnx Levi, appreciate the feedback. For reference you got any sites you like to visit for inspiration on a regular basis? I understand Behance may be in that list :p

I wouldn't be looking at what's already there I'd be looking at the way current (web) design trends are going. The current trend is heading towards that flatter look (ala windows 8) combined with responsive coding so if it was me I'd maybe see if I could design the site more along those lines....
Having said that the current pinterest redesign might be a good place to take inspiration from as the fundamental idea behind it is fairly similar I would guess, instagram myspace and so.cl might be others to look at too

Right I've sorted the site out a bit now and it's responsive DesignFuel.co.uk. If anyone wants their work shared on the site please feel free to submit. Thnx Levi ;)

I'm not saying it looks bad but for me when it comes to websites that deal with anything related to design, the site itself feels like it needs to be designed well. It's not that it's a bad design, it's that there is simply little to no design to the site at all.
It's boring to look at and feels like there hasn't really been any effort put in to making it look interesting or unique in any way.

Hmm, back to the drawing board. @Tony cheers man that's a definite flaw for tablets on iPhones its better but will look into that.
@Sean I'll put some more effort into it. When I come back with it I'll try blow your socks off lol!

solopressuk said:
@Sean I'll put some more effort into it. When I come back with it I'll try blow your socks off lol!
It's like music to my ears! I look forward to seeing it! :)

Back