Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Forums is better than facebook... by miles!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tbwcf, Jan 9, 2009.

Which is better design forums or facebook?

1. Design forums is definately better!

0 vote(s)
  2. I prefer stalking people I hardly know on facebook.

3 vote(s)
  3. What the hell is facebook?

4 vote(s)
  1. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I used to look to facebook for a bit of light escapisum during the working day... now I can hardly remember the url of that thing! - design forums has provided me a nice bit of (kind of) escape during the working day, thought I'd start a poll for fun - what do you rekon?
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Facebook is soo 2008! ;)
    Plus I doubt we're banned from as many work computers as FB is! :D
  3. I don't know... facebook on blackberry rocks.

greg - build a DF blackberry plugin.. and I might convert :)

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm not sure if my development budget will match up to Facebook, having said that they're a non-profit site at the moment too aren't they?! or are they making a profit now? who knows!
  5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

DF all the way! I signed up for Facebook ages ago but never really got into it. I wouldn't be able to cope at work without DF. And you can always call it research if the boss catches you browsing DF. :)
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

@ Greg: Facebook make billions out of their ads which are specified to gender, age and other variables their users have. very cool :D

and the poll is slightly bias! I only speak to people I know well on Facebook!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

They may well take a lot in revenue from their ads, but imagine their running costs! they must be huuugee! I'm sure I remember reading that prior to the re-design of the site (to bring in more ads) they weren't actually generating a profit :confused:
  8. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

what about a new site.

Its both design and stalker related.
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

LOL at that!

Even better, Facebook had to hand over millions of squid to the person who claimed he was the actual founder of Facebook, before the idea was robbed and renamed.
  10. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

- that's the fun of it!
  11. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

haha - like it!
  12. brandmantra

brandmantra Junior Member

face book is much popular than design forums.
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I get the feeling tbwcf's original post and poll had a touch of sarcasm, although I'm sure we could attract an investment from Microsoft for $240,000,000 or so :rolleyes:
  14. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

LMFAO at this thread.
    I have to admit that even though I have got to know a few members quite well, and learnt quite a bit as well as opening up a few doors, I have to say that Facebook is still my favourite, lol.

O yeah and I have learnt a few new acronyms, as well of coarse, lol.

But out of all my forums this is the best, I don't even bother checking devshed any more since joining TBH, there is just a really good feel on here, which there isn't on many forums from my experience.
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

That's good to hear... well read.. Jaz, and as a very active member yourself I'm sure a lot of that good vibe comes from your contributions to the forums! Think it's building up to be a nice little community already! :up:
  16. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

:D Ha loving the crap, :lol:

But that's what I mean, that to me is a little positive thing and just makes it feel more of a community rather then just a forum, IMO.

I thought the same when I read a thread when you very where very diplomatic when too 2 peeps where arguing, most forum editors would just come down on 1 side rather than the other, you played the middle man, which TBH, not many forum editors do, and it IMO adds to DF's friendliness.

Totally, maybe it's because most of us are Brits, no offence intended to any non-british members, but 2 of my American friends are just like arr brits are so nice you take crap and don't moan, lol, yeah the truth may be slightly different, OK maybe not, lol, but you get what I mean hopefully. :D
  17. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm still learning! I'm well aware that posts on forums can be misread so easily as I've had experiences of that quite a bit in the past, so hopefully as I learn I'll be able to keep it fair and friendly. The thing is as I've said before, the forum is such a mix of ages, careers, skillsets, mindsets, there's bound to be disagreements.

:cry: crap? this is all straight from the heart Jaz!
    Just listening to Stephen Merchant's radio show on iPlayer from yesterday, and the song playing as I typed that was 'I'm working on a dream' how fitting :p lol
  18. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

O really?
    mmmmm then next thurs my place diner, yeah, settled, good, see you then. :lol:
  19. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hmm, 3 hours 26 minutes away according to Google maps, it would have to be an awesome meal for 7 hours travel! :D
  20. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Well I cant actually cook, mmmmmm I'll get my other half to cook something before she goes out, :D
    But it is nice to see your considering it. :lol: