Design File crashes InDesign on 3 separate machines (mac & pc)...any advice??

Design File crashes InDesign on 3 separate machines (mac & pc)...any advice??
I have a design file that keeps crashing. I can open it and re-save it but if I try to move or delete anything it crashes. I have uploaded the plug-in app that was missing but this has done nothing. I have installed the missing fonts. One font I can't install so I have selected all text in this font and changed it to Helvetica. I've tried re-saving it, changing the name etc. but this file does exactly the same as the original file when I try to move anything. I have tried creating a new document to then copy and paste the information into it but again as soon as I try copying from the original file it crashes InDesign.
I'm operating on MacOS X, and it's CS4 (which is the same version that it was created in).

Does anybody have any advice???

Yep they are pretty good, one quick thing to check ..... have a look at your linked files, could just be you have one monster sized image file (even if scaled down on the page) that is knackering memory.

Otherwise try copying and pasting the lot into a brand new document and re-saving under a new name - sometimes files just fuck up; have had that happen to me once or twice and the drawing board approach was the only solution.

Back