Design critique for small Twitter web app

danielrhodeswarp

Hello there,I own and operate a small Twitter babysitting app called Tweetnaut (living at Tweetnaut | Home )I have recently revamped the visuals (trust me, it used to look a lot worse!) and would love any comments either way about the visual design etc.Thanks a lot guys.PS. "Help" is the longest page you'll get without signing in.

It looks pretty hideous if i'm being brutal. But more importantly, I cant seem to find out what exactly it is that you do, or how it works.
From an aesthetic point of view, ditch the lightning image and just use a nice simple one. here's some free ones for commercial use > Subtle Patterns | Free textures for your next web project
I'm also not a fan of the serif font being used everywhere, but maybe that's more subjective.
I get that you wouldn't want to make it look the same as twitter, but imagine if someone was going from twitter to your site, what would they think?

Aha~, OK, I had no idea it was *that* bad! Yeah the copy and the explanations etc is coming later. How / where would you use serif fonts versus sans serif fonts? Don't understand your last point. Do you refer to that lack of copy or the visuals? If visuals, how does it matter if design is very similar or not at all similar to Twitter? Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry to continue with the criticism, but I'd have to agree with everything the above poster says. If I were you, I'd do a bit of research into sites you like and work around those. Obviously don't just rip them off, but get an idea of how they work, the layout, the navigation, the sort of imagery, typefaces etc..

I mean visually. If your offering a twitter offshoot, you know what twitter looks like. So imagine someone comes from twitter.com to you. what are they going to be thinking. I would be thinking, this site looks like a scam.

Back