Design clients from hell

hi guys this is my first day here at your forum, after reading this post i had to reply as i just experianced this first hand, 2 days ago via Ebay for reasons i edited out some text to protect the clients plans

"hi, i got a new customer, who is planning to start his new company called XXXXXXX. he wants a logo created.
so is it possible for you to send me a sample logo? if he likes it, then he will pay for it.
btw, his company design new products, for example a new product they are designing is called XXXXX (this logo also needs to be designed) this product will be a usb powered drink warmer and cooler.
so please design these two logo samples for me, so i can show him.
please try and send this logo before 11am tomorrow thanks.
Thanks!"

:icon_cursing:

btw the time this message was sent was 10 o clock in the evening the day before :icon_sneaky:

What would you guys do? :icon_confused:

Don't do it.

sorry i forgot to update the post,:icon_blushing:

i contacted the client at 12 o clock the next day.....

"Sorry i missed your message but you must understand that to receive a high quality service it takes time,

regarding the samples i am not prepared to do samples. The reason for this is who to say you haven't asked 10+ other designers?

If this is the case this would give you a wide choice of options of the final result but it also means 9+ other designers have wasted there time on samples when they could be earning some real money on paying projects.

My advice to you is if you need work doing browse the designers portfolio and see who has the type of style you are seeking.

I hope you understand and if the work is still need completing please contact me again and we will work something out"

Not to mean but to the point......:icon_wink:

Guess what..... The person in question never contacted me again :icon_rolleyes: lol

"Sorry i missed your message but you must understand that to receive a high quality service it takes time,

regarding the samples i am not prepared to do samples. The reason for this is who to say you haven't asked 10+ other designers?

If this is the case this would give you a wide choice of options of the final result but it also means 9+ other designers have wasted there time on samples when they could be earning some real money on paying projects.

My advice to you is if you need work doing browse the designers portfolio and see who has the type of style you are seeking.

I hope you understand and if the work is still need completing please contact me again and we will work something out"

Guess what..... The person in question never contacted me again :icon_rolleyes: lol

You totally did the right thing but what worries me is that there are people out there who wouldn't have, big giant dumbos they are, suckers that are taken advantage of, but makes the original requester feel all great. Grr.

:icon_thumbup:

Spot on!

Fantastic video!

Got a new job at £2500, and I'm making them pay 50% deposit, after this video I feel like I should charge the lot!!

Clients are like women.

When you've got one, you complain. When you haven't, you're always on the look out for another.

Back