Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Blog Layout

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by LukeSai, Feb 6, 2010.

1. LukeSai

LukeSai New Member

Web Design is one of my most feared enemies, somehow I find it extremely difficult and have failed at many attempts to make a website I find visually pleasing.

Anyhow, I've decided to face my demon, and create a Blog for my Designs.

I need good simple honest constructive critisizm, if you think I can improve certain parts, by all means let me know, I accept your advice with open arms!

[​IMG]

Many Thanks

2. DougBarned

DougBarned Member

It's basic, but I like it :)

I don't like the semi-colons after the left and right nav headings though.

Without it being on a site, for me to play with, it's hard to say much more ...

Though I would get your own domain and email address, having an @hotmail.com account looks unprofessional.

/Doug

3. JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Member

It feels a bit too flat and clunky to me. Maybe the use of thick black borders and solid colour. Maybe you could try softening it up a bit, add some texture/pattern/gradient (subtle - something visual to excite the ol eyeballs) to your colour and bring out some depth by using (again - very subtle!) gradients, bevels shadows etc. I would also second getting rid of your hotmail address.

4. Logopro

Logopro Member

The massive red chunk of pillar in the middle is a bit difficult on the eyes with too many colours fighting for attention.

I agree with the post above this, try playing around with some gradient and maybe some slightly weaker colours for the center section :icon_thumbup:

Overall layout is very nice