Design a logo which renders properly at 210x48 size

Lak Wije

I'm developing a website in Shopify. I downloaded a theme which only allows me to upload a logo which is 210x48 pixels. I designed the logo in Adobe Illustrator. Saved it in .png format with the given size. But the logo doesn't seem to be showing properly on the website. It's jittery on the edges and the logo is not properly distinguishable. Design wise, what can I do to over come those issues and make the logo look nice with the given size? Thanks.

Attachments

• Logo.PNG
    Logo.PNG
    72.1 KB · Views: 24
Instead of having a teal coloured navigation bar, i think having the bar in a white colour would emphasize the logo and make it look better.

Also what programme did you use to make the logo? I suspect photoshop, so i would encourage you to try to make it in illustrator

Rather than changing the header colour, I'd either have a version of the logo that works in white (and other solid colours). You won't always be in a position to dictate a background colour so your logo has to adapt, not the other way around.

There's a number of issues that could be going on, My first thought is Shopify/your server is compressing/shrinking the image after it's uploaded. If you haven't already, I would try uploading an image at the exact dimensions that's displayed and also try a version that's twice as big to account for retina screens (so 420px x 96px). Try compressing the image using TinyPNG first to get the file smaller so compression during upload isn't needed.

Secondly, the colours are quite jarring due to them using a similar tonal range. The turquoise/yellows particular blend into the background which can give the illusion of an image being fuzzy. Basically use colours that have more contrast and as above, have alternatives for cases when you need a solid dark/light colour.

That's lame job to do. You can simply try online searching on google this size 210x48 you will get the results.

Back