Degree Show Identity

wac

So I've been charged with creating the 'brand' for this years creative degree show at the University of Worcester.

It's aimed at creative enthusiasts so this is the ideal place to get a bit of feedback.

Bare in mind that the name of the event and the colours are interchangeable. Also the design should represent all the creative disciplines (animation, fine art, film making, graphic design, illustration)

1. The Clock

fs01.jpg

2. Corporate

fs02.jpg

3. Symbolic

fs03.jpg

04. Bauhaus

fs04.jpg

05. Constructivism

fs05.jpg

06. Retro

fs06.jpg

Ok, I picked 3 that I thought were strong.
2.Corporate - this probably the most conservative, and probably the easiest to win everyone from all categories over with.

04. Bauhaus - I like the idea here, I think its the best attempt of all of them at incorporating all of the elements. I think the typography could be better, and maybe mess with the logo a bit more, but I think the idea has potential.

05. Constructivism - I feel like this is the most "university" like. That's about the age everyone wants to be radical, so it might fit well with the audience. I do think it needs some work, still.

fs01.jpg

I like the bottom one, I think it looks stronger on black.

fs02.jpg

Not fussed on the scribble writing, but still great.

fs04.jpg

Like the mark, but not the font.

You've got some great work here!

I can imagine the Bauhaus one working as a motion graphic, with each piece animated.

Out of all of them though, I picked the corporate one.

I absolutely love 3. Symbolic. The man with the kite just fits into the logo perfectly! Great work!

chrismitchell said:
I wonder who voted for the bowel movement :lol:

rossnorthernunion I assume, although I had a look through his portfolio and he hasn't published any of his bowel art....yet. :blink:

Back