• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Define "Classic Colour"

Hey guys,

So I'm currently designing identity for a pilates company, who have requested on their 1st round of revisions that I change the palette to something more "classic" - their words "classy, sophisticated".

What exactly am I looking for in a colour palette? Any examples?

hankscorpio

Staff member
I'd stay away from pastel colours, and head towards stronger colours, like deep reds, greens, blues.

I guess Pilates relies on strength building - so having strong powerful colours is better.

I'd stay away from pastel colours, and head towards stronger colours, like deep reds, greens, blues.

I guess Pilates relies on strength building - so having strong powerful colours is better.
That was my initial thought - I used a strong colour palette for my initial submission: Palette / fresh cut day :: COLOURlovers . They feel as if these are too "friendly/casual".

Is the client confusing themselves with what they mean by "classy", and actually mean "vintage"?

hankscorpio

Staff member
That's something to ask them

I'd send them some samples of different colours and ask to advise further.

Maybe pick a pain colour theme and the sub theme and provide samples in this area.

I've had queries as far as "modern colours" to "powerful colours" etc.

Buzzwords don't explain anything - ask for clarification

bigdave

Staff member
google pilates classes and see what the competition are doing. you can put money on the client wanting their branding to echo that of the of the market leader.