Debt Management logo

Jordan

Hello, hope you are all well.

I am looking for some feedback on my concept. This design is for a debt management company. Basically need some fresh eyes on it to see if its a good idea and gets the message across to the intended viewers.

I know there are kerning issue this is a very quick mock up to get some visuals together.

Thanks in advance

Jordan

2ezoaqs.jpg

I think the icon works well in the top right design. Are there three meanings with it? C and D, the broken chain, and two magnets pulling/pushing against each other? Have you thought about having one of the parts of the chain in a different colour?

But yeah, nicely done overall.

Well, originally the C&D was red and they did look like magnets so changed them, I didnt intent for them to look like magnets but its nice that you connoted that. I think it would look nice having the D in red give it some variation.

I was thinking that you could add the centre piece of a chain in a different colour to solve the issue of firstly, no colour, and secondly, it looking like a magnet.

If you can imagine it in graphic form...

CxD - so the centre piece is connecting the two other elements of the logo.

Thanks for the feedback Squiddy - I want the negative space in the middle to represent the broken chain with a link and the C and D, I think anything that is that shape will look like a magnet and maybe people will associate it with pulling them out of debt? :)

Here is the updated version, with various colours.

w7ewya.jpg

I'd a lovely concept and I think the execution is great. Maybe the space between the C and D elements is a little on the big side? I think I prefer it with just the red in the text, rather than in the logo too.

It'll convert nicely to a favicon, Twitter icon and Facebook icon which is always something to consider.

Good work :)

The reason its that big is when the logo is reduced down, you can still see it.

I am unsure which I prefer, I also like the simple black logo, but others say the like the D in red suppose its personal preference.

Thanks for the feedback Tony.

The reason its that big is when the logo is reduced down, you can still see it.

Yeah, just had that issue myself when rebranding my own company. Thankfully it turned out alright on printed goods and when scaled down, which is always good.

Really like your personal branding too by the way, very nice :)

Nice one Tony, I did personal brand for a project at UNI had a lot of fun creating it.

Great little simple idea there that your over-egging the custard -
logo is great - lose the strapline!!!!!
Brand Identities have no need for straplines - that is the job of BRANDING thru marketing, design and ads.
The brand ID must stand on its own without the need of a brand definer as a strapline.
If u have to explain your design rationale in a strapline with your logo then you've shot yourself in the foot.

and lose the bloody tint it's so 80's!
7/10 but could be a 9

Hi Berry,
Thanks for the feedback, I will re-work and get it back to you. This is what you get working for a marketing company, they are strapline mad. Thanks for giving me some ammunition in defending my design decisions.
P.S Regarding the tint - I wasn't around in the 80's! Trends do go full circle don't they. ;)

Yes, the intended message is a broken chain with the C&D the magnets is a biproduct.
I will make some changes and post it again soon,

Can't wait to see how this develops. Are you only being paid for the logo? Or have you got a whole branding package to deliver?

There is going to be a website too, just in the process of putting the site together, I will post up progress.

i think you could find a way to work more chainlinks in say have some unbroken chainlinks to the sides and have the CD forming a break in the chain in the middle.

I will have a look and see what it looks like, What I don't want to do is make it too complex. The aim of this project is simplicity, I'm playing around with ideas will post them up and see what you think - thanks for the feedback.

I was going to post on this a while back but something came up at the time.
I really like the path it's going down at the moment, but there's one little thing nagging at me that stops it from being outstanding. It doesn't look like a chain link, if you add some subtle effect to make it look more like one then I think you'll be on to something special!

When you say add some effects, do you mean adding roundness? or some gradient to it? I don't really want too many effects on the logo, but if you can give me some ideas to improve that would be welcomed with open arms.
Thanks

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops Jordan. Could be a great full body of work for your portfolio!

Haha, yeah, sure just go crazy with the glow option in photoshop. I heard size 200 works well ;)
Nah, I just meant that at the moment it looks more like a couple of magnets, when it needs to look like a chain. It needs something in-between it I think. I certainly wouldn't be complaining now if I was the client, I'm just trying to think of ways to make it look even better than it already is!

Back