database driven website? quote idea!

hrrm true true, the weather is gorgeous here, lush green fields, meadows and thickets, perfect working outdoors weather, laptop and wireless i-net me thinks.

Sunburn said:
On reflection and considering the economic climate, and the fact that Berry has fired all his programmers I think berry should have first refusal, Berry would you be as kind as to quote for the work in this thread? I'm happy to pass on this occasion.:)

If £2k is a bit rich, then I'm wasting time typing.
I'm too confused to know what to quote, I'll pass on this one as I can see the iceberg.;)

Hey Freezy, please take no offense on this, but honestly you need to know what are you after before asking for a quote.
If you are thinking in 'eagles' but you ask for a 'bird', you might end up with a chicken, or a penguin... hell knows.
My best recommendation for you are cheap-and-cheerful sites like crowdspring or the even cheaper and merrier getafreelancer. You will find in there loads of desperate people that will do any job for any money sum you would ask.
No warranty your designers won't disappear if they realise that they can't give you what you ask. Just be careful enough to avoid ending up with a nice penguin in an eagle suit.

Mike // DFCLStudio said:
If you are thinking in 'eagles' but you ask for a 'bird', you might end up with a chicken, or a penguin... hell knows.

mind if I use that one? :D

I could do this, with more information I could give you a rough guideline price wise, it will be done in PHP & MySql, aslong as it is only holding transaction details and not user details I would be happy to do it.
Price may vary from £200 - £1500 It really depends on the other services you want are, pm me and we can discuss further.

iBeBlu said:
I could do this, with more information I could give you a rough guideline price wise, it will be done in PHP & MySql, aslong as it is only holding transaction details and not user details I would be happy to do it.
Price may vary from £200 - £1500 It really depends on the other services you want are, pm me and we can discuss further.

I will pm you as soon as i get more details. You seem more reasonable with pricing. Stick around and may be we can work together.

Peace

h_freezy said:
I will pm you as soon as i get more details. You seem more reasonable with pricing. Stick around and may be we can work together.

Peace

Sounds good.
I can bend my prices quite abit to give you the best price but obviously nothing too stupid, if you need an email for me be sure to ask :)

h_freezy said:

Peace

Remember you get what you pay for.. But I would first double-check his background, if his basic spelling is as good as his work then your in trouble. There's a big gap between £200 and £1500, a big hole to drop into.

iBeBlu: I've never heard of a Wed Designer, I'd spellcheck your avatar.

If you can't get the little things right, god help the big things.

Because I made a typo does not mean my coding skills are bad if you want a preview of my work you can visit UKePG - United Kingdom eProfessional Gaming, (few bugs but it is still in beta) this is a gaming ladder using php & mysql, I assure you that that is a much more complex system than the one described in this thread.

I will change it from "Wed" now :)

Maybe not but first impressions count, coding is about accuracy with characters. One letter can make a big difference. We all have eagle eyes on here. That's the fun of it all.;)

I agree with you in the point you made but with coding of this day and age it normally tells you where you have gone wrong for example I miss a ";" I would soon know why the code is not working.
Thanks
Matt

iBeBlu said:
I agree with you in the point you made but with coding of this day and age it normally tells you where you have gone wrong for example I miss a ";" I would soon know why the code is not working.
Thanks
Matt

Sorry, But I don't expect anything to be wrong in the first place..........;)

Back