CXF File Help

jonwaterman

Hello Folks,
I have a client who has sent me artwork and included is a "CXF file to produce the correct colour ink within the delta reading tolerance stated." This is something that is new to me and I am looking for any advice/help with regards to what it is about and how it is to be used. Any help greatly appreciated.
Jon

Thank you Levi, found this information before but I am still none the wiser as to how I go about using the file.
Basically it needs to be converted (find one of the tools mentioned in the link above) from the picassa collage format to another format you can open. Unless of course you can work with picassa for whatever the job requires.

Alternatively get back to the client and say I have no way of opening said file, I've tried to find tools to convert to a standard format but have had no luck etc, and ask them to send it in a format you're happy with.

I doubt it's Picassa if it's Delta Tollerance files.

https://chromachecker.com/other_tools/en/manual/cxf

4. Conversion of the CxF/X4 data for different processes
Also, similar to ICC Profiles, CxF/X4 characterization data can be used to physically convert the color to different print conditions and accurately represent the original intent (assuming the output device has sufficient gamut to simulate the desired named color. This is critical for proofing the color to simulate what it will actually look like on the final device. It is also critical if the intent is to render this color on different output devices (via a Color Server) with different ink/tonality/substrates/lighting, and provide a color match to the original. Color Servers like Alwan ColorHub support CxF/X4 but will fail to produce an accurate conversion if not supplied with CxF/X4 data for spot/named colors.

This CxF/X4 data can be used in an ink formulation system to automatically generate a new ink which will share the same spectral properties for devices that can’t use the same ink that the original definition was created for. For instance, Offset versus Screen print inks.

https://www.alwancolor.com/products/alwan-colorhub

Alternatively - you can ask the supplier to convert the CX4 to an ICC Profile - and you can then load that - possibly easier. Not sure what you have - or what you're doing exactly.

Any more info?

Back