Cv advice

tompop

Just sent my cv and portfolio to a creative recruitment consultant who say they like what they see but they want a 'full cv', which I was under the impression I'd already given them! Can anyone give me any advice on writing a graphic design CV?

If you're brave enough you could upload a PDF of your current CV for people to take a look at. It's easier to give feedback if you can see something :icon_smile:

Hi Tompop,
The info seems fine to me maybe you should make sure they are fully aware of your exp and history.
If they are similar to any of the recruitment consultants I have dealt with they just seem to send out generic emails.
I think the layout could be improved and I always think that its best to keep a CV to one page as otherwise your CV has to be pretty amazing to make you turn over.

Have a hunt around for good CV examples and decide what you want your CV to say about you and the comapnies you want to work for.
Hope that helps

Much appreciated. I had assumed that that may be a stock reply. It does need tightening up a bit. I'll get on that tonight.

Just sent my cv and portfolio to a creative recruitment consultant who say they like what they see but they want a 'full cv', which I was under the impression I'd already given them! Can anyone give me any advice on writing a graphic design CV?

What were you doing between 2006-2010?
I would like to see the dates you worked for your clients and the project details or maybe just an outline
The CV's presentation should be much better..

[Like] or [SHARE] my home page (bottom left)
Curriculum Vitae CV templates, CV writing service, CV examples
and I can send you some editable design CV examples.
email me: when done [email protected]
Best regards
Mike

Last edited:
Same as mikelley comments above.

Also - the postcode looks a little odd - part capitalised - may be a style, but the risk is some readers may think it lack of attention to detail.

Back