Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cv advice

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by tompop, Dec 5, 2011.

1. tompop

tompop New Member

Just sent my cv and portfolio to a creative recruitment consultant who say they like what they see but they want a 'full cv', which I was under the impression I'd already given them! Can anyone give me any advice on writing a graphic design CV?

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

If you're brave enough you could upload a PDF of your current CV for people to take a look at. It's easier to give feedback if you can see something :icon_smile:

3. tompop

tompop New Member

Yeah that's probably a good idea! I'll get on that later! Cheers

4. tompop

tompop New Member

5. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

Hi Tompop,
    The info seems fine to me maybe you should make sure they are fully aware of your exp and history.
    If they are similar to any of the recruitment consultants I have dealt with they just seem to send out generic emails.
    I think the layout could be improved and I always think that its best to keep a CV to one page as otherwise your CV has to be pretty amazing to make you turn over.

Have a hunt around for good CV examples and decide what you want your CV to say about you and the comapnies you want to work for.
    Hope that helps

6. tompop

tompop New Member

Much appreciated. I had assumed that that may be a stock reply. It does need tightening up a bit. I'll get on that tonight.

7. mikelley

mikelley New Member

What were you doing between 2006-2010?
    I would like to see the dates you worked for your clients and the project details or maybe just an outline
    The CV's presentation should be much better..

[Like] or [SHARE] my home page (bottom left)
    Curriculum Vitae CV templates, CV writing service, CV examples
    and I can send you some editable design CV examples.
    email me: when done mike@cv-service.org
    Best regards
    Mike

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Same as mikelley comments above.

Also - the postcode looks a little odd - part capitalised - may be a style, but the risk is some readers may think it lack of attention to detail.