Cut out images coming out with backgrounds in printing

mityglvs

Not sure if anyone can help, I am trying to work out an issue with some files that I am working with. Images that are being cut out with transparent backgrounds are then placed in InDesign, exported and look fine on multiple machines, but on certain monitors, it is showing boxes around the images. When they've been sent to print in factory, these boxes are still showing.

Is this some kind of setup or obvious thing I'm missing? The advice I've been given is I have to cut images out to then be the entire page for this not to happen. I've not had this issue with other printers before, so I'm struggling to see if it is my design set up or in fact I will have to adjust to this particular printer.

Anyone had any similar issues?

I've attached some examples on what is happening.

Below on most monitors:

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 11.20.56-min.png

When printed in our factory what is happening when the image gets printed:

Screenshot-2023-05-08-at-11.19.51-min.png

When transparency is added - which this is - it can produce YDB

Sounds like you're dealing with a pesky issue. It can be a bit frustrating when things look fine on most machines, but certain monitors and even printouts show those annoying boxes around your images. It could be a setup thing or maybe something obvious that's slipping by you. The advice you've received about cutting images out to cover the entire page might do the trick, but it's strange that you haven't faced this problem with other printers before.

Sounds like you're dealing with a pesky issue. It can be a bit frustrating when things look fine on most machines, but certain monitors and even printouts show those annoying boxes around your images. It could be a setup thing or maybe something obvious that's slipping by you. The advice you've received about cutting images out to cover the entire page might do the trick, but it's strange that you haven't faced this problem with other printers before.
I explained what it is and how to fix it and the OP hasn't been back since they posted.

Back