Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer owe you money?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

This is a great company to use if your customer owes you money...

Business to Business Debt Collection

They will send a "letter before action" letter for only £2.00 or a "late payment demand" letter for only £5.00...which scares most people into paying. If this doesn't work then their fees seem very fair for recovering money.

You have to jump through a few hoops to register, sending proof of ID etc but well worth it once registered.
  2. JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Member

Bookmarked, nice find!
  3. Thanks for the link...looks good :icon_smile:

4. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Used a very similar company based in Glasgow. Cost £3 for the letter and the client coughed up within a day of the letter being sent. That was after 3 months of me badgering for payment.
  5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

...seriously that is a good link to bookmark. I was owed a 4 figure sum for over 3 months, lots of calls, letters sent recorded delivery, nothing! 3 days after the "letter before action" was received...payment in full today! :icon_wink:
  6. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Absolutely. Highly successful. Almost always works. If not, Small Claims Court.

Painless and effective.

Such a shame all this is necessary - if people paid on time, small businesses could spend more time doing what they are good at.

VLAHAKISA Member

Pah....blinkin clients, I'm actually signing up to this now.

I had a service I paid for (was totally ripped off though) that lasted five years and it really worked, but it expired last year.

I haven't needed to scare a client into paying since Feb 2008 but I think I have someone I need to get heavy with now so will sign up and test this out.

8. SOTRC

SOTRC New Member

Think I'll bear this in mind.

I had a client last year who never paid for logo work which I had produced. He claimed (by email) he had found another designer who would do the work for free as long as they got all other print work. It was a complete lie as the guy never appeared to get his company off the ground. Anyway... I had done the work and he still owed me for the work I had done (he had even chosen a logo!!!).

Ended up chasing him like mad for the money and unfortunately it ended up being a right off. Fortunately I didn't lose too much but I hope I never find myself in that situation again. I wish I knew at the time that there were businesses out there who could have helped me deal with him.
  9. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

It will happen again and as you grow - could occur linear. It's all about process - sign off every step of the way. In law you must prove 'intention to create legal relations'. If your records are in order - you cannot lose.

Private individual - payment in full. Business - deposit to cover your costs.

You are dealing with a very small unethical percentile of the business population.
  10. dot design

dot design Member

Good find Damon I'll mark that one down, cheers!
  11. MarkS

MarkS Member

Bookmarked Boss, Ta for that.
    I hope I never need it, but it's handy to have there in the bookmarks just incase