Custom changes to a Wordpress Theme

iDesign

Hello :)
I have purchased a theme for a client. As with most themes you only have the info they give you and will only find the full extent of what you have to work with when you purchase the theme and install it. For some reason this particular theme doesn't have a "drag and drop" option for the widgets on the homepage.
My client still wants to proceed and I'm wondering how hard or easy it will be to swap, let's say, the video player with the audio player. So the home page will display Latest Albums, Latest Video and Upcoming Events instead of what it is on the demo.
These are toggled on/off in the Theme customisation and cannot be moved elsewhere via the dashboard. So I assume it can be done in the coding without messing everything up?
If I haven't provided enough for you clever lot to help me out, let me know :) hehe
If anyone is happy to take a look please DM me and we can discuss :)
Thanks all

Shjouldn't be too hard. Just go into index.php and move the appropriate code to the new location. If any sizes are different then it'll just be a quick change in the style sheet.

The Simulator said:
Shjouldn't be too hard. Just go into index.php and move the appropriate code to the new location. If any sizes are different then it'll just be a quick change in the style sheet.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
All sorted now? :)
Hey Sean,
Not yet - I'm waiting to get some info from the theme creators. They're in Europe somewhere but it takes a while to hear from them. Thanks for asking :)

no its not very hard if you know the php.in the theme file you get image and css folder and there are various file like header footer and side bar you can edit that as per you need .

there is another setting in your profile also when you login to the word pree there is you can update the setting as you need .

Back