Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cup of tea anyone?

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Fliss, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Fliss

Fliss New Member

Hello peeps,

I'm Fliss.... A Graphic Design graduate from Bristol UWE :icon_smile:

Unemployment has eventually directed me to this forum, which is going to be a lifesaver for me, I think! I've just been made redundant from my nicely paid retail management job, but it's given me the kick up the arse I need to start getting into Design! And also perfected my tea making skills.....

Completely overwhelmed, and feel like I'm starting from nowhere, as I hate everything I ever produced in University, but hey ho!

Yeah, tea anyone? I make a stonker! :icon_tongue_smilie:

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Hi Fliss and welcome to the forum. Good tea making is an essential skill! You got a portfolio?

3. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hi Fliss,

You're in a good city!

Best wishes

Peter

4. printbar

printbar Active Member

Get thee to a bar job, m'dear. You need to pay the bills while you're looking for work!

</patronising, but actually salient comment>

5. Fliss

Fliss New Member

Oh don't worry, I'm trying! Every job under the sun has been applied for! :icon_tongue_smilie:

Somewhat, but It's not in a fit state in it's online form to be viewed :icon_blushing: I'll post it up for crit when it is!

6. Corrosive

OK, sounds good :icon_smile:

7. Minuteman Press

Fliss - have you investigated GD netwrok groups in Bristol?

8. Fliss

Fliss New Member

Possibly not?!

I'm always on Bristolmedia, and Creativepool..are these along the right lines?

9. Minuteman Press

All good - another couple I rate: Bristol Creatives and Bristol Enterprise Network.

Spike Island also very active (& Jamaica Street).

10. Fliss

Fliss New Member

Perfect. Just applied for a job on Bristol Creatives :icon_biggrin: Thanking you!

11. Corrosive

I like that. Might have to get down there :icon_biggrin:

12. Minuteman Press

Fliss - great stuff! Fingers crossed. May also be worth a walk around Paintworks in Bristol.

13. Minuteman Press

Hi Fliss,

Also may be worth trying the South West Design Forum for Bristol jobs. They do pop up.

Don't forget my agency commission!!!

14. Fliss

Fliss New Member

Awww fabulous, thank you! You've all been most helpful. I might even drop a biscuit in when I deliver your cups of tea...

Job I applied for yesterday already went, despite the closing date being tomorrow :icon_eek: Helpful.

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hey Fliss! Welcome to the forum. :)