CSS Wizardry

Harry

Hi all,
My arrival here ties in nicely with the release of my newly redeveloped/designed portfolio. Any opinions/feedback much appreciated.
(CSS Wizardry link in sig, no need to spam it about :)).

Cheers,
Harry

Welcome Harry, at a glance your site looks pretty interesting.

I particuarily like your humour: ...I will share with you a way to make all MySpace pages look immaculate. Simply add the following CSS to wherever your style information goes: html *{ display:none; }
Try it for yourself, this will make your MySpace page look so clean and so tidy that you won't believe the results. Enjoy.

Good work - I wonder how many people have tried you technique!

Hmmmm what to say ...
I used similar colours in my portfolio, so plus for you :)
I like your Typographic style. It's simple but here I'm afaid it is too simple, something missing maybe a sketch of header? Don't know, but it appear only on main site. Arghh don't know

ps. PR Consulting - Web Standards Consultancy West Yorkshire // Usability, Accessibility, UX, Web Standards, Semantics, CSS & xHTML Consulting and Front-End Development - check footer under opera - the submit button go under text area and image is to wide

Well here I am Harry - just as promised.

I have to say I was a bit suprised...I cant find your old site in your portfolio (understandbly) but I seem to remeber your older one being a lot more intriguing.

Saying that, I love the colours and style youve gone for (especially the additional option for a gridded background!)

My only other crit is that somehow....it seems way to cluttered. I can clearly see that you have layed everything out in a simple grid but...when I dont focus on this fact it all seems to merge together for me...Just seeems like the top and bottom of your header and paragraph margins need to vary a bit more. Say 30px top of header, 20 px bottom and 25px top of paragraph and 15px bottom.

Anyway, will hopefully be seeing you around as much as I used to!

shaqal said:
I like your Typographic style. It's simple but here I'm afaid it is too simple, something missing maybe a sketch of header? Don't know, but it appear only on main site. Arghh don't know

Hmm, I wanted to avoid using images for anything other than content, so if I were to add a header type thing I'd want to use just type for it. How does something like this look? http://i41.tinypic.com/34r6tfm.jpg (not necessarily the words 'CSS Wizardry' but something at least, perhaps randomised short phrases?)

philjohns said:
I have to say I was a bit suprised...I cant find your old site in your portfolio (understandbly) but I seem to remeber your older one being a lot more intriguing.

Haha, I'm not sure how to take that one ;)

philjohns said:
Saying that, I love the colours and style youve gone for (especially the additional option for a gridded background!)

Cheers, I love the colours too, who says pink is for girls?!

philjohns said:
My only other crit is that somehow....it seems way to cluttered. I can clearly see that you have layed everything out in a simple grid but...when I dont focus on this fact it all seems to merge together for me...Just seeems like the top and bottom of your header and paragraph margins need to vary a bit more. Say 30px top of header, 20 px bottom and 25px top of paragraph and 15px bottom.

Anyway, will hopefully be seeing you around as much as I used to!

Hmm, increasing spacing will have an effect on the baseline so it might not be too straight forward. Will consider it.

And yup, see you round. Was wondering where you'd got to ;)

Haha, I'm not sure how to take that one

Haha - yeh, fair does on that!

Was just trying to say that its very different to your previous design. I just seem to remeber your previous design being a lot more graphical...I suppose sucha change from your design took me by surprise - dont get me wrong, i like it!

Hmm, strange. All seems well now though. Anyone have any thoughts on the header addition?

Back