CSS not going into external file

Levi

Staff member
Am I missing something (I'll blame flu/cold) as I can't put some of the css style into an external stylesheet. As soon as it's added it's removed from the html file it just disappears and I can't see any reason why it can't be put in an external file.
:mad:

Any ideas/solutions before I go any further :)

Also feel free to rip my code to pieces if you wish, a healthy set of eyes will be good for it more than likely :up:

Ta very.
www.imageresolutions.co.uk/test/index.html

CSS attached.

Attachments

• layout.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 7
I've been bunged up with flu/cold all weekend so haven't had a brain functioning well enough to look at it :(

Basically I've got the 'hover' (background) css working but it requires the background location to be listed on the page, if I remove the background info so it's just the external css file it just gives me the 'layer' surround.

And before you say it - yes the backgound is listed in the external css :)

The background image is relative to the CSS file, not the HTML file, that' all it is ;)

Code:
#tm1{ background-image:url(../media/newstuff/t-menu/home.png); }

oh so I just need to stick in those .. then, I'll try tomorrow :) thank you

how was the rest of the code looking (still working on some of it) seeing as I'm trying new stuff and trying to keep the code to a minimum etc :)

Yep, just the ../ to tell it to go up a directory then into /media/. Works a charm (have you got firebug installed?)

Harry said:
Works a charm (have you got firebug installed?)
firebug, senseo, yslow, pagespeed, pixel perfect and the webdeveloper toolbar for firefox are all installed, not saying I know how to use them all but they're there :D

nah firefox is fine except when flash starts running, it's bloody useless on x64 windows in my opinion.
I'm not daft enough to run a stock firefox, got to tweak it, it's part of the reason for having firefox :)

Most of those plugins are add ons for firebug anyways

Just done the adjustments and it looks to have done (no upload yet though) the trick ta very.

Next on the agenda is the rotating image on the first page and block text for the seach engines, then it's linking the pages accordingly :)

Delete the div with align="center" on it and on apply margin:0 auto; to the .background div.

I haven't got .background anymore, I've been playing with the css in response to your comments :)

revised css is attached and I'm just testing on web.imageresolutions.co.uk (my little nas) at present while I'm trying to get it to validate on w3c validator :)

Attachments

• layout.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
I've only used capitals on normal text, 'title' attributes where necessary and in my titles for sections in the css file, which are going to be removed on completion to save a few kb's, everything else should be lower case. And excluding the 'ident' bit thats just like the first letter too - I'm not 100% happy with the logo section so that might change as will the text so that google doesn't tell me off :)

Meta stuff is still to be played with so the capitals will be removed by the time it's finished :)

I'm referring to this: 'IMAGE RESOLUTIONS 3D DESIGN AND RENDERING'. That shouldn't be in capitals, it should be in normal case 'Image Resolutions 3D design and rendering' and have text-transform:uppercase; applied to it.

that's like I said probably going to change, I'm not 100% happy with that section of the design, it's just not balancing very well so I'll be changing the image and as such the respective text that goes with it.

Back