CSS image replacement with hover using this method

Definitely don't take any old recommendation! You're best off knowing why your code is doing what it's doing, rather than trying to second guess someone else's half-arsed attempts haha.

Need any more help gimme a shout :D x

Levi said:
Harry, just been playing with your code and I noticed you've used text-indent:-99999px. I thought that was bad for seo and you're supposed to use visibility: hidden; instead :confused:

No text-indent is fine, it's just a way of controlling where a line of text starts. Just by using a massive value, doesn't make it bad for SEO. Using a tiny value is fine, a large one is no different.

Hey Harry thanks for that, can i ask where you've uploaded it? I really like CSS Wizardry :)

Just a quick one as i havent implemented this code yet, does anyone know why - right now - my friend cant see this in her ie8 browser?? I was using ie8 when i checked it.. I saw fine, but she doesn't see the buttons at bottom of screen, only the alt text :/ she says it's ie8 anyway

no images say image blocker, slow connection or files are local on your pc meaning you can see them but your friend can't

Are you using the code I gave you? Is that what she can't see in IE8?
If it's the original version she can't see, then I'm not surprised really, it looks hacky and flaky as hell!
If you implement the version I gave you you'll be laughing.

haha okay Harry I'll have a go with your method thankyou very much! I'll be more wary of templates and recommendations in future. :) Thanks also for your help with this Levi!

Back