Discussion in 'Adobe Forum:' started by Howard Fillingham, Mar 17, 2016.
I'm looking to buy a legit copy for Mac if anybody has a copy for sale.
I think someone was selling a copy a week or so back but I can't seem to find the post.
Might have been deleted?
Thanks Scotty. I just don't like Adobe's gun to the head subscription policies. I don't want to rent the software I want to buy it.
Same here, that's why I'm still running CS5.
Me too, on CS5, but I've seen a few nice touches with CS6.
Mind you, I've invested in Affinity Design and Photo and waiting now for their InDesign / Quark equivalent.
Me three! I love CS6, planning to stick with it until I feel I have no choice but to join the dreaded subscription CC... Due to it becoming too out of date, but that won't be for another few years, it still has a lot of life left in it yet!
I think that thread selling a copy of CS6 was deleted if you can't find it, as it didn't sound as if it was a legit copy for sale.
You may have trouble finding CS6 for sale now, as it's been a fair while since they stopped producing them.
Affinity looks awesome, how are you finding it? What the transition like from using Adobe to Affinity? Is it a new learning curve or a pretty seamless switch?
Actually, I'm ashamed to say I haven't actually tried it yet Carl or Affinity Photo, but I do know of another graphics pro who always reaches for Design before Illustrator. I have no excuse other than I wanted to support Affinity rather than move up Adobe CC when the time comes if I'm still working.
Haha, I may follow your lead just to avoid Adobe CC
Yeah I think Levi deleted it, bloke didn't confirm if it was legit.
I'm on CS5 here, does everything I need it to.
I agree, for me CS5 does everything for me too, but I know eventually I'll have to upgrade the OS from Mavericks and subsequently CS5..... Do you ever feel, you don't really have a choice? I ran Snow Leopard for years but eventually made the jump to Maverick. Now we have Yosemite -> El Capitan so what next for compatibility?
When I update my MacBook next I'm deffo going to give Affinity a go.
Why wait Scotty? I installed it on my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro because I only ever use one or the other, so I don't feel I'm taking advantage of my license. What I have trouble with is the massive difference in price between Affinity and Adobe. It's mind boggling. The problem might occur in the future with any competition such as Affinity becoming too successful. Adobe will make them an offer they can't refuse, not Godfather style, and we will be back where we started. Freehand went the same way didn't it, even with its fabulous Paste Inside? God how I miss that!
Oh man! Don't get me started on Adobe buying out Macromedia.
I used to use Freehand and although it was lacking in a few places it was much more intuitive to use the AI and had some nice little features that I'm still amazed Adobe didn't rob from it's corpse.
My MacBook is a bit old and won't run Affinity otherwise I'd have bought it.
I'm waiting until I can justify upgrading it but I'll deffo give it a go.
My MacBook Pro is probably a couple of years old but still seriously impressive performance with its SSD. From when I press the On button, I'm signing in in about 5 seconds, outstanding n'cest pas mon brave?
I have moved to CC and it is easy, affordable and always has the new features. I hate to go against the feelings on this thread but subscription is a far better business model for Adobe.
Also when on subscription I get all the apps and There are some exclusive feature that are only available in CC like the ability to Package Illustrator files which is really handy.
Why does everyone prefer to buy outright? I found this really expensive in the past especially when it came to upgrade time.
Yes, I take your point Alan, and don't think I haven't thought about it. I don't know if you're in the UK where CC subs cost about £568 GBP a yr. Okay, that equates to only about £47 a month. But effectively you are renting the apps not buying them. If Adobe decides to increase their charges, and they will, you will have no choice but to pay whatever they decide they can get away with. If you do not, your apps will revert to Trial mode and after that 30 day period you can't access your files. At least if you buy the software you can use it for as long as you like until your OS needs an update you can't ignore. But I know you're probably right that in the end, most primary apps are heading the same way i.e subscription rather than buy, except for Quark, which I may yet revert to.
From a business point of view adobe was struggling to provide value as many could not afford the software and in turn there was a massive market in cracked software. Since going to subscription they have a stronger and more consistent income stream.
I get what you are saying however I might suggest that as a full time professional it is actually cheaper for me and I get better value (the mobile apps are pretty cool too).
Good luck and If I hear of a CS6 licence for sale I will let you know.
Absolutely right on the pirated stuff I would imagine. Thanks for the CS6 heads up.
Separate names with a comma.