CS4 License expired help

HippySunshine

Ok so im doing a small CS4 course with home learning college and I had my software back in august and been using dreamweaver under the TRIAL VERSION.

My trial expired. From here I had to send off my student forms and passport photo in order to get my student card. Once I received my student card I had to activate my student details on the Adobe website in order for them to email me my serial number.

This was all done fine. So, when I came to open dreamweaver it said "License for this product has expired" and wouldnt let me go any further.

I googled the error and have been told to un-install CS4 programs and re-install. I have done this several times and it has re-installed fine and let me enter my serial number, but still once I go to open a program it comes up with the same error.

Then I was told to use this clean sweep script on Adobe's website.
Done that - still doesnt work.

Phoned Adobe and the man on the otehr end of the phone hadnt got a clue what I or he was on about, (foreign man, so not great communication) I was put on hold several times and he kept came back asking the same wrong questions, half an hour later he gave me a code (CPSID_49485) to search for on adobe's site and this will help me. It didnt.

So I phoned my college and they told me to phone my tutor, phoned my tutor and he told me to do all of the above and he didnt know what else I could do and to phone the college.

I give up and am getting confused, frustrated and a little pee'd off that NOBODY that is suppose d to be able to help me, CAN'T.

Any of you guys have any clues? :(
x

go to the "help" menu at the top and select "deactivate" and then close it.

open it up again and enter your new code.

oh, wait, dreamweaver?

yeah, learn to hand code. saves you shit coding results and a load of invalid code.

allyally2k said:
when you un-installed it what did you do?

I un-installed it and then ran this clean sweep script off Adobe!

tim said:
oh, wait, dreamweaver?

yeah, learn to hand code. saves you shit coding results and a load of invalid code.

I can hand code already!

Hi Hippy,

Give this a go...

dreamweaver is using my old bèta license instead of the new license I've entered during the install of cs4... This is the solution....You set your date backwards (I've set my date at xx/xx/2007). Then you can launch dreamweaver without the error "license expired"...then you go to help en chose for deactivate product. Once you've done that....you put your date back to the original date (xx/xx/2009). Now launch dreamweaver and you'll get a messagebox where you can enter your serial that you've received with a adobe product.

That's not how to crack DW, that's related to having a previous beta/trial version installed and the previous trial licence not being cleared before a clean install is, that quote is from the Adobe Dreamweaver Support forums.

Numeorus people seem to have had the same issue after having had the demo version and then upgrading to the full version after the demo has expired.

Greg said:
Because torrents & illegal downloads are bad Mr.Tim
Careful there Greg, you're almost as bad as the record companies etc.
Torrents in themselves are not bad, some of the things that are on torrents are illegal but not everything. You can get your linux distro's via torrents and they're perfectly legal, you can get television series and movies which are completely legal (via vuze network for example)

Back