CS3 on Snow Leopard

matt

Is anyone here running Adobe CS3 on Snow Leopard? Any problems, or is everything working OK?

Now's as good a time as any for me to upgrade my OS, but I can't afford the £1000ish it'll cost me to upgrade my CS master collection (especially with CS5 round the corner), so just double checking it's worth it.

Cheers.

Works 100% fine, I have Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and all work perfectly, no problems, no errors, no nothing.

I really can not see you having any issues at all.

Only problem I've had with Snow Leopard is it doesn't like Epson drivers. So I have to run Photoshop CS4 in Rosetta mode to be able to print from it. Aside from that I've had no issues.

Running CS3 on Snow Leopard on both MacBook Pro and iMac no major issues to report, occasionally for me when first opening up Photoshop or Illustrator it quits first time and runs the second but doesn't happen often.

Right, everything seems to be working vaguely properly.

Does anyone know though, how to make Quicktime 7 the default application for opening movie files and NOT Quicktime X?

matt said:
Right, everything seems to be working vaguely properly.

Does anyone know though, how to make Quicktime 7 the default application for opening movie files and NOT Quicktime X?
Right click > Get Info
Then there is a section called Open With; change it to QT7 and click the Change All button ;)

Thanks, I've tried that, but it keeps automatically defaulting back to Quicktime X?

X looks very pretty but if you work with video, it's pretty useless — It has no export options and it squashes movies vertically by 2 or 3%. This (and I'm sure there are others) is the reason why OSX 10.6 doesn't upgrade Quicktime, it actually puts a new version (X) on your system and moves the old version to your utilities.

In fairness, it's the first time Quicktime has been rebuilt/redesigned from the ground up since its birth in the 90s. I'm sure later versions of X will include all the options and preferences that professionals have come to rely on in 7.

Back