Cropping a graphic on InDesign..?

bamme

Hi guys!

I've been keeping all my posts to the web section recently :) But I've almost finished with these print stationery bits:

www.ameliealden.com/stf/indesign.zip

Theres one thing left to do, which is to cut a part off the black faded compass in blk.jpg attached, at the red line (see attached), to make it cut off at the same point as wht.jpg (at the edge of the orange gradient block)

To be honest i cant remember how i did it wit the white version, but I am working with inDesign.

The gradient and faded compass are objects on an InDeesign file, the compass done in Illustrator, and the orange gradient blocks on inDesign.

Anyone know? :S

Emma

Attachments

• blk.jpg
    blk.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
  • wht.jpg
    wht.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
Don't cut it off as you'll need some bleed for the file supplied to the printer. Export it as a pdf for them, set your bleed, 3mm. and crop mark and it will crop the rest of.

oh, ignore that, is it the top of some letterhead? I'd chop the rest of the object in illustrator then place it in indesign, or you could just mask it off with some white.

:)

Yeah masking it off with a white block would be fine.

Alternatively you could just place the image into a frame box that's the same height as the coloured block.

ahh thanks people :) thats great, thankyou v much! is it generally okay practice to mask something in white?

can anyone tell me if these files are ready for print - ive heard about taking all colours out of the colour pallette/swatch except those you use in your design, and theres also semi transparent graphics there and transparent gradients..

Back