Critique request - Brand Identity

grafyte

Hi all.

New here - so hello. This is my first post (and largely the reason for signing up - although I intend to start frequenting the forums, since I'm at a loss for solid design communities)

Anyway - I've been working on a brand identity for a (well, my) branding company - and I'd like to get some more eyes. Feedback is crucial for me, so any thoughts and feelings would be more than welcome.

Here's the explanation:

Lux
Lux is an agency that concentrates on brand as a whole. The design of the marque represents 5 key areas of work Lux does (hence 5 circles).
- Advice & Insight
- Management & Support
- Creativity & Conceptualisation
- Design & Production
- Results & Increased Awareness

As the marque gets smaller, the 5 areas begin to blend into one another to form a whole (the entirety of the full-services). The vibrant colours represent the fresh passion and excitement that Lux has at the core of the work done.

The circles represent the "full-circle" nature of brand work, the infinite possibilities, the lack of dead-ends, the notion of all-encompassing, and the imperfections in the circles represent the liquid-nature of brand, and the ever-evolving movement of across-the-board brand work.

lux_v02.jpg

I like it. You are aware of what's going to happen to those bright vibrant colours when its converted to CMYK for print though aren't you?..

Something along the lines of this (left is rgb right is cmyk):
1848d1355757037-critique-request-brand-identity-lux_v02-1_zps3014c5cb.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very fair point - yeah.

I think once we're content with the majority of the marque - I'll look at defining the colours with a little more detail.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I wouldn't know the circles meant anything without your explanation. You said there were 5 circles but it's hard to make them out. How does this logo look in black only? If it relies on colour to work it needs more work. Does it reduce well?

I wouldn't know the circles meant anything without your explanation. You said there were 5 circles but it's hard to make them out. How does this logo look in black only? If it relies on colour to work it needs more work. Does it reduce well?

Interestingly what I liked was when it was reduced the circles blended in to more of a singular one - which was I felt, a nice way to represent the unity and amalgamation of all the services/elements offered being part of a single strategy/company.

I'm aware of the identity needing to work in monochrome and single colour - and have got this in mind - it's not indistinguishable in black - although obviously the colour is not evident so the separation of the circles doesn't become as apparent.

Back