Critique Please

Mr Geek

So as im stepping in to the world of graphics I thought Id make sure the 1st one I do is my own company ;)

While I have a web design business I also still do a good amount of Audio Visual installs, I recently created a basic logo for it but decided id like to give is an update. The older logo works well on paperwork and web but struggle to get it work on round or square objects

I've asked my friends how the designs work but i'm getting the feeling they are being nice lol, please feel free to rip this draft apart as i need to learn lol ;)

None of the designs are final just playing with placement and parts of my idea..... oh and the font that will be a whole new level of thinking i guess.

Attachments

• Draft_AVSD-01.jpg
    Draft_AVSD-01.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 23
Sorry, just looks like a capital N to me.

Thing is, AV is not your name, it's what you do.

@Wardy Cheers thats what ive been thinking hahaha Glad im not going mad lol thought id been staring at it so long id gone blind to the N lol

Back to the drawing board to rid my head of the N lol
Draft2.jpg

Two new ideas I'm playing with ??

Have you sketched anything? I am not a great draw-er, but I try to sketch ideas and then bring them to the computer for refinement.

Can you post some of your sketches?

I've done some very basic sketches 1st in my note book but that's more to test the idea before I forget lol I'll post them this afternoon lol

I think the first one has possibilities but The S needs to be the same weight as the rest.
I would try keeping it simple - a nice bolder AVSD with a cable running off one of the letters, the V?

The name's quite long, it's going to need breaking up into multiple lines or you run the risk of a reaallllllyyyy wide logo footprint. You've had to reduce the font to a tiny point size to sit it within the shape, which means it will be illegible at small sizes.

Personally I'd opt for AV Solutions Direct, or even just AV Solutions.

The name's quite long, it's going to need breaking up into multiple lines or you run the risk of a reaallllllyyyy wide logo footprint. You've had to reduce the font to a tiny point size to sit it within the shape, which means it will be illegible at small sizes.

Personally I'd opt for AV Solutions Direct, or even just AV Solutions.

I do go by AV Solutions Direct on my website and emails. Most my clients know me as AV Solutions but some are a little think and if I say that they wonder why my email is different hahaha

Maybe its time to buy avsolutions.direct domain lol or avsolutions.uk

Have you sketched anything? I am not a great draw-er, but I try to sketch ideas and then bring them to the computer for refinement.

Ohhhps forgot to post my sketches. Not

Sorry i forgot to post these . These are not the best as most of my sketches are done quick while the idea pops in my head...... this happens all the time while out and about so i keep note books with me all the time :)

IMG_20160821_073254.jpg
IMG_20160821_073302.jpg

Made them black and white to show the pencil lines better.

I think im Going to play with the cables out of the V idea today :)

Don't go too overboard with the cable, maybe just extend the V into a tick?
Cheers

I've also been talking to people and debating on a full rebrand and renaming to "Simple AV" my only Problem is there is a company called "simple audio"

I'm glad I'm not a real client as I'd be a pain in the bum

Well as sleep is not possible due to ear ache I thought id work on this alittle more. Fonts still need to be worked on but wanted to play with the idea :) I think for this to work small i need to work in the cable house thing a little more.

AVSDCabeHouseweb.png

Really wish It was a smaller name but if i change it ill probably confuse my clients way too much.

Back