Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critique Please

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by iamcallumd, Jul 18, 2016.

1. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

IRINA.png

This is a logo I designed for a swimming instructor who is starting to develop a clientele, her name is Irina

Thanks!

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

doesn't read as Irina to me, does she teach them to swim with dolphins? I'm just not understanding the reasons behind the design.

3. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

The theory behind the design is that Dolphins are good swimmers you would say, and the hoop of the top of the i is the represent the goal, the goals you will be able to achieve with her as your coach.

4. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

All fish are good swimmers. As too all porpoise. She is not training dolphins. It does not work.

5. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

It barely works as an 'i', let alone an 'r'.

Something similar could work, maybe with a water splash or something. Get your pencil out
    and scribble a few ideas.

6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

As above, unless she teaches swimming with Dolphins I don't think it works at all, and even in that instance it needs work really.

7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Dolphins and Porpoises are mammals :p

8. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Of course they are, that's why I put that piece in too. Let's not focus on how they give birth or their lungs vs gills :p

9. Athos

Athos Member

10. iamcallumd

iamcallumd New Member

Cheers, yeah even I thought it was a bit of a stretch. the hoop with a base is supposed to be an i, while the dolphin was supposed to represent an R but was more leaning towards a lower case 'r'. Yeah im looking into creating the r with a wave, but still not getting the coach vibe.