critique please! (planner inserts)

ellensarah

Hi, I'm totally new & a complete amateur but I wanted some advice on how to improve these planner inserts. I've attached three examples of a Christmas planner insert (front cover and inside insert). I feel like I just can't get them to work :/ I've used a pretty limited colour palette, because I'm not very brave when it comes to adding colour (although I'd like to be!). The only tool I have at my disposal is Photoshop though, just thought I should add that. Please critique everything...scale, fronts, colour scheme, too much detail or not enough? does it look cheap? ...etc.

Thanks!! :icon_smile:

christmascoverupdate.jpgchristmascardlist.jpgchristmascoverdiagonal.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there,

really nice work!
If I was to say to change anything it would probably the drop shadow of the text and the font itself. Try using may be a festive green instead of the black? And for the font is there anything similar to your current one but looks more calligraphy?
Also the stripe look fine as they are but you could experiment with dots/snow fakes? just and idea.
Hope that helps.

Keep up the good work! let me know what you come up with

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback! About the drop shadow, do you think it would look better if I dropped the drop shadow from cover & the 'card list' inner section, or just one? I've experimented with a few more fonts & also I've taken on board your idea to maybe swap the background for snowflakes or dots, I'll upload a few here if that's okay, let me know what you think if you have the time!

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at  Sunday25 October 201521.39.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-25 at  Sunday25 October 201521.39 1.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-25 at  Sunday25 October 201521.42.jpg

Back