critique my portfolio

I'm sure I've seen this post from you before and many people have already given advice regarding your site. Is this a new one?

- Perhaps try to categorize your work a little better rather then just showing it all together.
- Also a brief description about the work underneath would be handy
- As for the slide reel, I'm not a big fan... its not hard to get a clean and crisp website up.. it will look more professional and you will have more freedom to add what you like, rather then just 1 static image...

If you want to move in to more design based work then you will have to show a bit more versatility. At the moment you have an abundance of magazine spreads then every 5 slides or so you throw in a picture you drew or a random logo...?

Decide which path you want to head down... if you enjoy drawing, perhaps you should focus on that.. can you somehow implement it in to you magazine work?

just some thoughts, hope its not too harsh
:icon_rolleyes:

cheers,
ldepty

im trying to get into a magazine layout job, but im really not getting anywhere which is very frustrating. I really regret going into media as the pay is so rubbish and your expected to know every software under the sun!
Anyone else feel similar?

Why would someone proficient in HTML/Dreamweaver/Wordpress use Wix? That sends alarm bells ringing with me straight away.

I like some of your work but even that looks pixelated and nasty on that website.

There's a hump that everyone needs to get over if they're serious about becoming a pro designer and thats to stop being impressed by tricksy bells and whistles that are all about the capabilities of design software and nothing to do with actual creative design.

Back