Crit my homepage prototype for my Dad's roofing business...

jHouse said:
Browsers dont anti-alias the text. It's the operating system. If you're running crappy Windows it will look shoddy.

Mac OS X renders the copy properly so its fine.

Actually, Webkit (Safari) anti-aliases text on Win. I have ClearType turned off so my OS doesn't anti-alias, my browser does.

Harry said:
Actually, Webkit (Safari) anti-aliases text on Win. I have ClearType turned off so my OS doesn't anti-alias, my browser does.

Why would you not want all your text to be smooooooth? :confused:

Cos Windows handles it a bit shit to be honest. The OS type looks good normally but when you have clear type on it looks a bit bled (?) round the edges.

Panix Media said:
Is it a large roofing company or is it small and family ran?

Only reason I ask is because it kind of gives of a corporte feel. I'm not sure if i'd click deeper if all I wanted was a roof put on my shed

Good question. It is a bit of a funny one really, on one hand, it is just my Dad, but he does the drawings for some big projects for quite prestigious clients.

Hay thomashodgson
Just want to say I feel for you, my dad also realized I was good for something as well and roped me in with pretty much the same description yours gave you. The plus side is I like annoying mine, lol. But it is a total pain, none the less and still doesn't stop even after it's finished, got any links today? NO!!!! Why not because your not paying me!!! :)

Aww the life long clients always the best, hay, lol.
Hope he liked the free site in the end anyway. lol.

Back