Creatives Against Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Staff member
What about vulnerable men?
probably like most things 'it doesn't happen to men'...

For all the calls for equality for women, people often forget that there are plenty of areas where men aren't seen on equal terms and it doesn't get anywhere near the same attention.

AysheaS

What about vulnerable men?
probably like most things 'it doesn't happen to men'...

For all the calls for equality for women, people often forget that there are plenty of areas where men aren't seen on equal terms and it doesn't get anywhere near the same attention.
Why not do your own version for vulnerable men? Serious suggestion btw.

On this occasion I suspect the reason they are concentrating on women is fairly obvious. But if you don't know due to lockdown there is has been a surge in domestic abuse which is something women suffer from in greater numbers than men, also this abuse impacts children too. There has been a rise in numbers of calls to childline since the Covid 19 crisis.

I'm sure many would support a similar campaign aimed at vulnerable men. There is a lack of support for male victims of domestic abuse and there should be greater equality in that respect.

Levi

Staff member
Why not do your own version for vulnerable men? Serious suggestion btw.

On this occasion I suspect the reason they are concentrating on women is fairly obvious. But if you don't know due to lockdown there is has been a surge in domestic abuse which is something women suffer from in greater numbers than men, also this abuse impacts children too. There has been a rise in numbers of calls to childline since the Covid 19 crisis.
And you're proving my point perfectly.... you say about an increase in domestic abuse but then at the same time basically imply this increase is only affecting women (and children, which would actually be on both sides) when men will be seeing an increase as well. There should be no reason to need separate male and female websites when it can affect both sides equally.

Also if you were to do a male and female websites I can guarantee you that there would be an exponentially higher amount given to the women one compared to the men one.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Jesus Christ someone just can't do something good in the world without some people getting offended.

If you like it then support - if you don't then don't.

AysheaS

And you're proving my point perfectly.... you say about an increase in domestic abuse but then at the same time basically imply this increase is only affecting women (and children, which would actually be on both sides) when men will be seeing an increase as well. There should be no reason to need separate male and female websites when it can affect both sides equally.

Also if you were to do a male and female websites I can guarantee you that there would be an exponentially higher amount given to the women one compared to the men one.
That is not what I wrote and I think you know that. I did not imply the increase only applies to women. The fact is more women suffer domestic abuse than men. If there is a proportional increase in abuse then there will still be more women suffering than men.

Maybe you should take the issue up with the website owner, maybe suggest a male domestic abuse charity they could donate to as well if you haven't already?

Levi

Staff member
That is not what I wrote and I think you know that. I did not imply the increase only applies to women. The fact is more women suffer domestic abuse than men. If there is a proportional increase in abuse then there will still be more women suffering than men.
Um you might want to actually read what you're writing because your posts are coming across very much as 'women more important than men'....

If there is a proportional increase there will be a proportional increase across the board. Just because more women are suffering (which shouldn't be happening either) doesn't mean there isn't an increase in the number of men suffering or that the suffering of men is any less important....

AysheaS

Um you might want to actually read what you're writing because your posts are coming across very much as 'women more important than men'....

If there is a proportional increase there will be a proportional increase across the board. Just because more women are suffering (which shouldn't be happening either) doesn't mean there isn't an increase in the number of men suffering or that the suffering of men is any less important....
It's like your arguing with me by writing the same thing as me but in your own words. I said there will be an increase across the board, your just rewritting what I wrote.

I think you may have an issue with your own thinking if you think that what I've said means women are more important than men. Perhaps that is what you want to see? You seem to be offended that I stated the fact that more women suffer domestic abuse than men. That is a fact, that doesn't mean mean don't suffer it too (and I never said they didn't) it just means there is higher numbers of women which suffer.

I said I believe that it why the website is concentrating on women and not men. Remember I did not create the website, I'm just suggesting why I believe they chose to support a women's domestic abuse charity. Or maybe THEY think women are more important than men?

I've already acknowledged that there is not enough support for male domestic abuse victims, I've suggested contacting the website in question to suggest to propose the also fund a male abuse charity yet I'm saying women are more important than men?

Levi

Staff member
It's like your arguing with me by writing the same thing as me but in your own words. I said there will be an increase across the board, your just rewritting what I wrote.
As I said read what you posted....

Status
Not open for further replies.