Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Recruitment Websites

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by talltony, Feb 13, 2012.

1. talltony

talltony Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new job in a creative agency (graphic / web designer). Does anyone have any recommendations of recruitment websites for the creative industry?

I've come across a couple, but they either have lots of jobs in London (a bit far for me) or they have hardly any jobs at all.

These are a couple of what I've found so far:

Advertising, creative, design, digital, media, new media and web jobs.
    Jobs
    Design Jobs | Graphic Design, Web Design & Interior Design Jobs | Design Week Jobs

Any help welcomed! Of course if you own an agency and would like to offer me a job then that's even better as it would save me trawling t'internet everyday as I have been!

Thanks,

Tony

2. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

Hi Tony,

Best thing to do is just look into local recruitment consultancies, most will have a consultant who deal with creative jobs.

3. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Look up as many agencies as you can in the area you want to work and contact them. It has worked for me twice, both in different areas...

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Get off your bum and do the leg work.

5. talltony

talltony Junior Member

ha ha thanks Typo! Believe me I am doing the leg work, that's why I was asking on here to see if there were any routes I hadn't come across yet!

6. mj-mpjdesign

mj-mpjdesign New Member

Hi Tony

Consider tailoring your methods according to the type of agency you want to work for. Larger agencies may use local regional creative recruitment agencies, they also probably a receive a load speculative of CVs and portfolios. Google creative recruitment agencies and you'll find a ton.

Smaller companies like mine I doubt would use recruitment agencies often because of their fees. A direct approach might be useful, checking forums like this one, maybe even get yourself along to local networking sessions/evening meetings for creative businesses - you'll find yourself rubbing shoulders with some business owners.

Best of luck

7. talltony

talltony Junior Member

Hi mpjd,

Thanks for your advice. I've already started emailing agencies directly, as well as scouring relevant job sites and contacting creative recruitment agencies, so hopefully I'll find the perfect job soon!

Cheers

8. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Creative recruitment agencies are a massive waste of time, go direct to the horses mouth.

I once got a reply from one recruitment agency in comic sans... say no more.

PS nice portfolio :)

9. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Make sure you follow up on those emails... Directors are generally busy, don't expect a response straight away or at all from an email. Just to clarify - Ring them!!

10. balders

balders Member

Chances are your email will just go to the receptionist who will just file it in the bin because she's on minimum wage and can't be arsed.

11. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

I run www.findthatdesignjob.co.uk so you could look for jobs on that. Some agencies post on it but so do companies, so might be worth a look.