Creative brief

TomStutt

Hi All,

I need to come with a creative brief for my first paying client (wahooo) and i need to send it to him tonight but i dont really have a clue of what to put in it.

can any of you lovely peeps help?

cheers

done any research into your clients project yet? if so, it will provide you the basic foundation on which you will make your proposal... I'm assuming this is a web job? has you client informed you on what he wanting to achieve? and I assume you know how you are going to full-fill his requirements? if yes then just write that up! job done :)

obviously you will need to factor into your brief your time frames, deliverables, dates, timeframes and also make sure you have a contract signed both parties to back you up should it go tits.

sorry i might have typed this up wrong.

what i want is something that i can send my client so i know what he wants and what hes expecting. maybe i named it wrong. i want something so i can get as much info from him so i know exactly what he wants.

thanks for the reply

send me an email Tom and I'll see if I can dig out a Creative Brief document for you ( Word/PDF)

Is it web or print? let me know what type of job brief it is.

Tom/Anyone: here is a rundown of the stuff that we use for a standard non-web brief

CREATIVE BRIEF:

Project Concept:
Provide a two-sentence summary that describes the core user value of this project

Business Objectives:
Use this section to list the business and product objectives or goals for the project (for example, to increase membership, to promote content, or to increase commerce) etc etc

User Value Proposition / Benefits:
Use this section to list the user benefits or value of the project.

What is the Main Proposition:
Use this section to list distill the core main of the project.

What is the Secondary Proposition:
Use this section to list other propositions required

Target Audience

What do we want our target audience to believe or do

What is the Tone of Voice or Style

Budgets/Restraints

What must be included /excluded

Sacred Cows

Here's a fairly long winded Web Brief: snorezzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
\

WEB BRIEF:

Project Concept:

Business Objectives:

User Value Proposition / Benefits:

What is the Main Proposition:

Introduction

We strive to make each web site we develop both effective and attractive. In order to develop the best possible design for your web site, we require your input. The questions below are a guide to help us design or redesign your site. If you do not know the answer to a question or it is not relevant to you, please disregard it.
To Start…

• Please provide a list of 3 – 6 web site addresses that incorporate overall styles or design elements that you believe would be ideal (or horrible) for your site audiences.

• Review each of the sites listed and provide specific comments about the positive or negative aspects of each.
Redesign Reasons:

• List the main reason(s) for redesigning your site.

• What do you want the new design to accomplish – list your top 3 goals.

• Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the new site. (Examples include corporate, casual, fun, innovative, cutting edge etc.) Is this different than the current image perception online (if you have a web site)?

• List the intended audience(s) for your website and prioritize the list. Number one on your list will be your primary audience.
Content and Navigation

• What is the basic structure of your content (names of top-level sections), and how do you anticipate it being organized? (Armadillo will help with content organization and site architecture; this is simply to provide a starting point for discussions).

• What content do you feel is missing from the current site or in need of major review? Are there sections that are going to be removed from the current site?

• What content would you like displayed on your homepage? For example – Introduction area, News and Events, Hot Topics, Quick Links, Focus area(s) related to a subject pertaining to your organization, etc.

Logo and Print Materials

• Are there individuals at your organization or from a design agency who should be involved in the design process? Please provide contact information.

• Does your organization have an existing logo? If not, should a logo be created for this site?

Look and Feel

• Does your business organization have a Style Guide (or set of rules) that govern web site design and visual identity?

• Should we be consistent with any existing directions established in overall branding, print pieces, with the current site (if applicable)? Describe the consistencies you would like to maintain with these areas.

• Does the business have a pre-existing colour pallet that we must use? If so, please provide Pantone shades. Are there specific colours that must be avoided?

• Does your business own any photos or illustrations that can be leveraged online? Should specific images be avoided (examples: used by a competitor, overused in your industry, you’ve already used and don’t want to repeat etc.)? If so, why?

Questions

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How aware is your target market of your company (if applicable)?

2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What are the key reasons why customers should choose your company?

3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Briefly, what are your short-term marketing goals (in the next 1-2 years)?

4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How do you anticipate reaching those goals? (Traditional means? Grassroots marketing? Word of Mouth?)

5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Do you have an existing or planned marketing strategy in mind? If so, please describe.

6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will you need identity/logo design?

7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will you need complimentary materials designed such as brochures, business cards, flyers, catalogs … ? If so, will you also need these materials printed?

8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What is your target launch date? What are the factors surrounding this deadline?

9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What are your budget limitations? Can this project be broken into phases to help you meet your goals?

10.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Who is your target audience? Describe your current customer profile. How does your target audience differ

11.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How does your company or department differentiate itself from competitors or similar providers?

12.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will this site use existing content? If so, what is the source and who is responsible for approval? If not, will you be creating content in-house or using an outside provider?

13.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What is the basic structure of the content, and how is it organized?

14.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What elements do you see as “globals” or appearing on every page within the site? (for example, a footer containing copyright and contact info, logo, search, link to home page, site navigation?

15.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What browser are you currently using? (Please list both type and version. For example, Internet Explorer 6.0)

16.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]What is your target platform and browser? (This is most commonly a consideration when working in a controlled environment such as an intranet where the browser versions of the user base are well defined.)

17.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Are there any specific technologies you would like to utilize, such as sound or video? If so, how will they enhance the user experience? Please describe in detail.

18.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Will you be collecting any information from your customers or delivering information from a database? Do you already have a database in place? Please describe in detail, including specific information about programs and software.
19.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will you have a need for any secured transactions such as credit card processing or encrypted passwords?

We need to make that a Sticky right there Berry.. Might make another thread for that on its own and make it Sticky :)

You thinks it sticks does it not young Jedi? ( Can I be Yoda?) - The Sith Lord looks fearsome but says jot all! Maybe I should Jabba

I was thinking Jabba but went for Yoda just for the hell of it :p I like the idea of being a muppet :lol:

:lol: not even if it was Frank Oz?

frank-oz-voice-of-yoda.jpg

congrats on the use of image there. most people would post a current photo of frank and an old photo of yoda (circa jedi) however this is old oz and phantom menace yoda!

quiet frankly frank oz has had his hand in some awesome places!!

Back